• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Men's Room goes National

Seriously? IMO their schtick wouldn't play outside of Seattle but it could be just another cost cutting move for ETM as it prepares to absorb CBS.

Seriously? IMO their schtick wouldn't play outside of Seattle but it could be just another cost cutting move for ETM as it prepares to absorb CBS.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if Entercom wants to put this show on their own stations, they don't need an outside syndicator. They just tell their own stations to run the show. My sense is they want to see if they can get this carried on stations owned by other companies.

Syndication could also been part of contract negotiations. Wonder if Hubbard made a play on The Men's Room before signing Billy Madison.

Syndication could also been part of contract negotiations.

It usually is. A local station can only afford to pay so much. Especially if they've been at the same station for 13 years.

If the talent demands more, this is one way to get it. The other way, is cutting expenses for other shifts.

Eight markets to debut on June 5th-- Boston, Sacramento, Portland, Kansas City, Rochester, Anchorage, New Orleans & San Jose.

Not a bad start. Good Luck!

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/117725/kisws-mens-room-syndicated/

Well, that's one way to look at it. Another way is to realize 7 out of 8 of those stations are in-house. Which makes this "syndication" appear to be more of a salary dump for Entercom large markets, and any non-Entercom station that picks it up to be icing on the cake.

Good luck to them, even if I find them a bit obnoxious. Maybe it's just the few times I've bothered to tune in.

First, congrats to the team. - Second.. Is there ANYONE at KISW that can remember when their studios were just a block away from where they are now?

Weird, the article refers to them as a morning show:
“The Men’s Room” has been a ratings powerhouse for Entercom rock KISW (99.9) Seattle. According to Nielsen, from 2013-March 2017, the morning show ranked No. 1 men 18-34 in 54 of 55 surveys, No. 1 men 18-49 and 25-54 in all 55 surveys, No. 1 adults 18-49 in 51 of 55 surveys and No. 1 adults 25-54 in 53 of 55 surveys.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom