• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DX Alert: CKLW off air due to transmitter fire

Not sure when they resumed normal operation, because I stopped checking daily, but CKLW seems to be at 50,000 watts again.

I had been checking 800 periodically the week before last (week ending 5/13), and things sounded pretty normal to me. By "normal", I mean CKLW was there every time I checked (usually an hour or so before sunrise), usually with a fair-weak signal. Sometimes slightly better. Sometimes slightly worse. That's pretty much "par for the course", so I just assumed things had been fixed.

I never did hear religious programming underneath, so I can't ascertain if WKZI was what I might have been hearing in the mix earlier. I did again a couple of times hear brief periods of what sounded like regional Mexican underneath CKLW. Still could ID it, but my best guess remains XEROK.

Last edited:
I had been checking daily with the Tecsun until a week or so ago. It's back up the 10-12 dB. One thing that needs to be done is to average the signal strength readout during times when there is little fading. Just average the highest and lowest readout.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom