• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How Will Ryan Seacrest Do KIIS-FM and "Live with Kelly" at the Same Time?

http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34153

Apparently Steve Harvey has the same issue too like Ryan Seacrest. he has to voice track his radio show for Iheartradio while doing two syndicated TV shows at the same time like Family Feud, the TV edition of the Steve Harvey show and TV specials.

iHeartMedia has announced an exclusive long-term agreement with award-winning multimedia personality Steve Harvey to renew and extend his relationship with the company. Under the new agreement, Harvey will continue his current role as host of The Steve Harvey Morning Show. Celebrating 12 years in syndication with Premiere Networks in 2017, the program reaches nearly 7 million weekly listeners on nearly 100 stations across the country and is available digitally on iHeartRadio.

Additionally, Harvey will work with iHeartMedia on a variety of projects, including development and creation of new programming and promotions, community and charitable initiatives, as well as multimedia projects and events. He will also continue to serve as a spokesperson for the company.

"Steve is a tremendous talent and has an incredible connection with audiences across multiple platforms, which make him a great asset for iHeartMedia," said Bob Pittman, Chairman and CEO of iHeartMedia. "We are excited to extend our partnership with Steve, continuing to deliver the most engaging content and top personalities to our listeners nationwide."

Well there has been a few that managed to do that well. I understand that Casey Kasem managed to do well on both TV and radio at one point though.

Last edited:
Back in the fifties Arthur Godfrey of CBS successfully juggled a ninety minute radio/tv simulcast, weekly Talent Scouts series plus (for a time) a supplemental late afternoon radio show for Ford.

This is insane. I know that he benefits from being on TV on a regular basis. But come on, this is WAY TOO MUCH! I would assume he will still host American Top 40. If not, he may need to give that up, or On-Air in the future.

This is insane. I know that he benefits from being on TV on a regular basis. But come on, this is WAY TOO MUCH! I would assume he will still host American Top 40. If not, he may need to give that up, or On-Air in the future.

This is likely less work than doing Idol and the iHeart morning shows simultaneously. Idol was a long show, with elements of pre-production, too. The auditions for the main season meant travel to different cities and erratic production schedules in different time zones.

You realize he has a staff that does a lot of the actual work. Casey Kasem didn't write AT40, someone else did. Same with Ryan now. It's mainly a script-reading session for him. Same with all of these things he does.

Well there has been a few that managed to do that well. I understand that Casey Kasem managed to do well on both TV and radio at one point though.

The Caser was the host of Shebang! on KTLA in the mid 60s, when he was on KRLA. While doing AT40 on the radio, he had a syndicated TV show called America's Top 10, IIRC. He was also the voice of NBC for awhile in the 80s, and, of course, was the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo.

This is likely less work than doing Idol and the iHeart morning shows simultaneously. Idol was a long show, with elements of pre-production, too. The auditions for the main season meant travel to different cities and erratic production schedules in different time zones.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/american-idol-reboot-abc-talks-ryan-seacrest-1202084481/

Apparently ABC/Disney is in talks with American Idol though and rumors for now over if Seacrest will be included or not. Note this is not final for now.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/american-idol-reboot-abc-talks-ryan-seacrest-1202084481/

Apparently ABC/Disney is in talks with American Idol though and rumors for now over if Seacrest will be included or not. Note this is not final for now.

Not another reboot!!! My wife and I used to watch until they started making changes to the judges and when they had four judges that was it, just got burned out on the whole scene and we are pretty much burned out on ALL reality competition shows- Top Chef, The Next Food Network Star, Dancing with the Stars, America's Got Talent, etc and on and on. The Dumbing Down of America has reaped handsome rewards for networks and advertisers alike, sorry for getting somewhat off topic. Just never understood the appeal of Ryan Seacrest, he was always at war with Simon Cowell and could never refrain from making snarky remarks to Simon. Mucho Morales used to tell me some interesting stories about Ryan's relationship with the late Merv Griffin. I am eternally grateful to Merv for Jeopardy!

Big A is the new KL Richards around here. All list servers have know it all.

BigA is simply an industry expert. He has a huge array of facts at his beck and call.

NOT reality...

Not another reboot!!! My wife and I used to watch until they started making changes to the judges and when they had four judges that was it, just got burned out on the whole scene and we are pretty much burned out on ALL reality competition shows- Top Chef, The Next Food Network Star, Dancing with the Stars, America's Got Talent, etc and on and on. The Dumbing Down of America has reaped handsome rewards for networks and advertisers alike, sorry for getting somewhat off topic. Just never understood the appeal of Ryan Seacrest, he was always at war with Simon Cowell and could never refrain from making snarky remarks to Simon. Mucho Morales used to tell me some interesting stories about Ryan's relationship with the late Merv Griffin. I am eternally grateful to Merv for Jeopardy!

These are NOT reality shows! If they were reality, the cameras would be on 24/7. You'd see the people farting, scratching their crotch when they wake up, snoring while sleeping, eating cornflakes in the morning while their bathrobes hang open, swearing when they drop the orange juice on the floor when they get it out of the fridge, cursing because the cat just hacked up a hairball on their new $1,000 couch. You'd see them yelling at the kids for not doing the dishes, picking up their toys. You'd see them screaming because the dog just scooted his behind across the freshly cleaned white carpet. You'd hear them yelling because the car engine just exploded and the tow company wants $250 to yank it to the garage. You wouldn't see these manufactured "crisis" stories that pop up. You wouldn't see them "winning" an all expenses paid trip to East Flabonia. You wouldn't see these staged "confrontations" with neighbors, co-workers, bosses, etc. You wouldn't see them getting life threatening injuries because they were bitten by a Bengal tiger that just "happened" to have fallen out the back of a zoo transport van when the closest zoo is 700 miles away. No folks, it's not reality....quit watching this CRAP and tell the TV suits to knock it off.

Well if Seacrest gets the Idol seat again expect some episodes with Live with Kelly on the road though. Also some of the segments for live to be filmed from various Iheartstudios just in case of time zone differences for idol auditions are at play.

Last edited:
These are NOT reality shows! If they were reality, the cameras would be on 24/7. You'd see the people farting, scratching their crotch when they wake up, snoring while sleeping, eating cornflakes in the morning while their bathrobes hang open, swearing when they drop the orange juice on the floor when they get it out of the fridge, cursing because the cat just hacked up a hairball on their new $1,000 couch. You'd see them yelling at the kids for not doing the dishes, picking up their toys. You'd see them screaming because the dog just scooted his behind across the freshly cleaned white carpet. You'd hear them yelling because the car engine just exploded and the tow company wants $250 to yank it to the garage. You wouldn't see these manufactured "crisis" stories that pop up. You wouldn't see them "winning" an all expenses paid trip to East Flabonia. You wouldn't see these staged "confrontations" with neighbors, co-workers, bosses, etc. You wouldn't see them getting life threatening injuries because they were bitten by a Bengal tiger that just "happened" to have fallen out the back of a zoo transport van when the closest zoo is 700 miles away. No folks, it's not reality....quit watching this CRAP and tell the TV suits to knock it off.

As commonly understood by many people, it's a reality show. One flavor of many, which people choose to watch, or not, of their own free will. Maybe the lack of vomiting cats, passing gas and what not is a perfectly harmless escape from those mundane occurrences.

Most articles in a newspaper aren't written the day they are published. News shows, like All Things Considered, are recorded throughout the day and are seldom recorded live.

The Seacrest situation be easily managed. Keep in mind, he will most likely have to prep for "Live!" before or after the show on a daily basis as well. Most regular radio listeners (not radio nerds like us) won't be able to tell the difference.

When done right, the technology allow you to do a seamless show. With no glitches, stuttering or missed cues, and you can't tell the difference. Today's listener doesn't like a lot of DJ chatter. There is a lot of great talent (radio veterans) of the past that refuses to accept that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom