• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who is Elvis Duran, and is he on the air in Seattle?

bossbill

Star Participant
And what could possibly make him worth $15 Million per year?

From Wikipedia:

He is the host of the daily morning radio program Elvis Duran and the Morning Show in New York on Z100 and in syndication on Premiere Radio Networks. Duran's show is now heard live in over 80 markets including New York City, Philadelphia, Miami, Cleveland, St. Louis, Fort Myers, Syracuse, Des Moines, Quad Cities, Madison, New Haven, and Richmond.

I'm a little surprised that someone on this board is asking this. I guess it makes sense since you don't own or listen to a straight ahead CHR Bill, but I'm still surprised that you don't know who Elvis Duran is. To answer your question he is not on in Seattle. The only NW markets I know of him being on in are Bend and Spokane.

Bringing in $100 million a year.

More than that, the value lies in content creation for iHeart's digital platforms. Much of the investment in talent today is about having unique content that can be monetized online, not stuff that goes out via towers and transmitters.

Well, I was curious because he received a 50% increase and a new five-year contract, from a company that has stated it may not be around in a year. Since he's not on in this market, I'm no longer curious.

Well, I was curious because he received a 50% increase and a new five-year contract, from a company that has stated it may not be around in a year.

You may know this, but if a company goes bankrupt, the judge will rule all signed contracts null & void.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom