• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changing TV carriers question

I am thinking of changing my cable TV carrier Cox Communications to something else. I have read user reviews on the ones I am considering. Like Cox there are all bad reviews, mostly focusing on customer service and service technicians doing installations. What I'd like to know is anyone's opinions of any of these they are currently using or have used: AT&T U-Verse, Direct TV, Verizon FIOS (on FIOS I am not clear if you can just have the TV portion only). I am most concerned with performance but am also unhappy with the continually rising rates and nickle and diming they do to your bill. I have been a Cox customer for over 23 years. Thanks for any input you can provide!

AT&T U-verse is being phased out. AT&T bought DirecTV.
If you try to sign-up for U-verse they will just try and sell you DirecTV.

I have had DirecTV for many years. It has the best channel selection of any option
I've explored, and the technical quality is outstanding.

Problems I have are that the signal goes out in heavy rainstorms (a problem with all dish systems...has to do with the wavelength that was given to them by the FCC), and the ever-escalating price.
I am seriously thinking of cutting the cord if my monthly charge goes up one more time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom