• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rumor: Elvis Duran back in Houston ?

jayxs

Frequent Participant
According to a coworker, Elvis Duran alluded to adding a big market in Texas soon on his show. Nothing else was mentioned beyond that.

Over at AllAccess, it was just announced that Elvis just signed a new 5 year deal. So this might be part of it.

He was at KRBE until 1989 before heading to "Z100" NY. Paul "Cubby" Bryant followed a few years later.

He was at KRBE until 1989 before heading to "Z100" NY. Paul "Cubby" Bryant followed a few years later.

Actually, Elvis was at KRBE in '86 and '87. He left there to do nights at WZGC/Atlanta, and then went to WIOQ/Philadelphia in 1988. He was fired a year later, and was then hired for his first stint at WHTZ. He left Z100 for short programming stints at KBTS/Austin and WEZB/New Orleans from '91 to '92 where he "found himself", and was then brought back to Z100 by Steve Kingston. Kingston was replaced by KRBE alum Tom Poleman in 1996, who moved Duran to mornings and brought Cubby in to replace Elvis in PM Drive.

Actually, Elvis was at KRBE in '86 and '87. He left there to do nights at WZGC/Atlanta, and then went to WIOQ/Philadelphia in 1988. He was fired a year later, and was then hired for his first stint at WHTZ. He left Z100 for short programming stints at KBTS/Austin and WEZB/New Orleans from '91 to '92 where he "found himself", and was then brought back to Z100 by Steve Kingston. Kingston was replaced by KRBE alum Tom Poleman in 1996, who moved Duran to mornings and brought Cubby in to replace Elvis in PM Drive.

Thanks for clearing that up. Elvis was here before I was into radio and I remember hearing somewhere that Cubby left for NYC in 1993 and Elvis had left a few years prior, but as you pointed out, that's wrong on both accounts. Cubby was one of my favorite personalities and I could have sworn I was around 14 and listening to him in 1996 so it now all makes perfect sense.

Digging into this a little deeper, there's a chance that it's DFW Elvis was alluding to, but I don't see iHeart killing off The Kidd Kradick Show or The Bert Show.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom