• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KODA HD Channels

jayxs

Frequent Participant
On the way to work this morning, I heard what sounded like a CHR format on 99.1 HD2. No liners or identifying info. This is usually a classic rock/classic hits format. The HD3 seemed to be testing or undergoing some maintenance as the signal kept being turned off and on.

I noticed the data tags weren't matching the songs this morning... it was like I was listening to KRBE and was getting data tags from something else. I really hope this is a technical glitch and not a format switch; this is my favorite station and I listen to it all day at the office!

Looks like the data tags are now matching. As expected with iHeart, the station is branded as "Kiss". I wonder if iHeart is preparing for a "Kiss" station in Houston, perhaps on a translator?

Last edited:
the data tags are now matching, but the format ain't the same as it was. More teeney bopper pop crap. :(

Last edited:
Wonder what happened to third rock radio on Mix HD-2? Not there now. just saying about smooth jazz is on HD-3.

how can the fourth largest city in the the country not have ONE real rock station? Even on an HD sub? sigh...

how can the fourth largest city in the the country not have ONE real rock station? Even on an HD sub? sigh...

I've been wondering the same. I'm a big advocate for active rock in Houston. The reality is rock radio doesn't seem to be in a good spot at the moment. While I enjoy a lot of new rock personally, many don't see what's coming out as very strong product which, from what I've read, has meant low ratings and/or billing. Active rock radio hasn't ever been that great at making money from what I understand.

the data tags are now matching, but the format ain't the same as it was. More teeney bopper pop crap. :(

ICK Another preset bites the dust, and another gone another one gone - another one bites the dust

Houston is market #6. Nobody in radio cares about the population of one city in an 11 county market?

The new 105.3 translator lists KODA as its originating station. Could the HD2 be headed there?

Don't understand why they'd flip the HD2 only to flip it again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom