• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wurd is now on 96.1

Cat Country's not an in-market station so I wonder what (if anything) they could do about it.

I was in Medford NJ today and they were really strong, all the other LPFM's in the city were non existent, could not even pull in 91.7 from Drexel. They must be highly directional to the east, they are interfering with Cat Country's coverage. It seems these LP's just come on with high power and forget any rules and WRDV at 107.3 cannot up their flea power signal, sad.

Last edited:
I was in Medford NJ today and they were really strong, all the other LPFM's in the city were non existent, could not even pull in 91.7 from Drexel. They must be highly directional to the east, they are interfering with Cat Country's coverage. It seems these LP's just come on with high power and forget any rules and WRDV at 107.3 cannot up their flea power signal, sad.

THis is not an LPFM. It is a translator.

LPFM = 100 watts at 100 feet or equivalent.
Translator = up to 250 watts at unlimited height, must protect full A, B, C class stations.

The signal throws away from the north and into NJ. Not sure that Cat really could do anything about it. Looks like that's what the station is trying to protect.

The signal throws away from the north and into NJ. Not sure that Cat really could do anything about it. Looks like that's what the station is trying to protect.

I would think that is not the area they would want the signal to go, it is not in the areas where most of their audiance resides. A strict contour signal from South to North, Northwest, West and Southwest would better suit their needs, they should of considered a different open frequency.

I would think that is not the area they would want the signal to go, it is not in the areas where most of their audiance resides. A strict contour signal from South to North, Northwest, West and Southwest would better suit their needs, they should of considered a different open frequency.

According to the Radio-Locator map, their main signal contour reaches Juniata to Grays Ferry. Puts a great signal over much of the population of the city, outside of extreme West Philly, and portions of North Philly.

96.1 has been off the air since last week, and 104.9 has been off for weeks. I wonder if the main commercial signals are complaining. The 98.5 and 106.5 newbies are still operating, even though they bleed into the two commercial Jersey signals, plus 105.7 has been operating over a year interfering with the Hawk. So I really don't know why these two have been silent.

I believe what us enthusiasts heard on 96.1 was mainly WURD fiddling with equipment. I saw an article online last week from the Philadelphia Tribune about WURD adding an FM broadcast but no frequency or launch date were mentioned.

As for WWDB... :confused:

Believe it or not today, the 96.1 signal carried to Lakehurst, this is really strange. That is how far I went, I bet it went even further. How could a station that has been around for years on 107.3 (WRDV), have such a weak signal and this new kid on the block barge on the scene, with a monster signal???

Clear signal in my area around Haddonfield. Poor audio, probably from an internet stream. But it's loud and clear at least. Good to hear WURD on FM. Enjoy their station a lot!

According to the Radio-Locator map, their main signal contour reaches Juniata to Grays Ferry. Puts a great signal over much of the population of the city, outside of extreme West Philly, and portions of North Philly.

I'm in North Philly, near Temple University's Main Campus, and I get the signal perfectly fine. What parts of NP are having issues?

Was in the Medford/Marlton area today, like every Wednesday, noticed now their signal is very weak, cat country is over riding them until the cherry hill area where it was listenable. I think this is their correct pattern and coverage, the previous weeks they might of been utilizing too much power. They are at about the same strength as 98.5 and 106.5. But time will tell if they reach out further once again. On another note, how can 1 watt at 88.1 get out so far, about an 8 mile radius lmao.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom