• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NPR's Robert Siegel to Step Down as ''All Things Considered'' Host in 2018

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n34120

He will leave the All Things Considered host seat in 2018.

Robert Siegel, whose voice and signature reporting have been a part of NPR since he first arrived in Washington in 1976, is stepping down as host of "All Things Considered." He's been with NPR for more than 40 years as a constant presence in its newsroom and a familiar voice to listeners. Now, he's decided to step down as the program's host in January, 2018, after thirty years in that role.

"This is a decision long in the making and not an easy one. I've had the greatest job I can think of, working with the finest colleagues anyone could ask for, for as long a stretch as I could imagine," Robert says. "But, looking ahead to my seventies (which start all too soon) I feel that it is time for me to begin a new phase of life. Over the next few months, I hope to figure out what that will be."

Siegel has spent his entire life in radio, getting his start as a freshman in college. Over his four decades with NPR -- he has seen the news, and the newsroom, from many different angles. He joined NPR as a newscaster, moved into an editor role, opened NPR's London bureau, and as chief of NPR News ran the newsroom. And he accomplished all this before he took over at "All Things Considered" in 1987. As an ATC host, he reported from every corner of the country and around the world.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom