• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Joe Mathieu Leaving WBZ Radio Friday April 28

If you have time to type it, we have time to read it. Is it a Ted Knight type story?

Since WBIN shut down it's on air news ( NH1 is on life support ) in preparation of going dark as Binnie is turning that license in as part of the spectrum auction, Charlie needs a job. Sorry Charlie but you are not major market TV talent, but he may be passable on radio with some coaching.

"Rumor has it"......that Mr. Sherman lost his cool with someone at a college sporting event....the parking space normally 'reserved' for the news van was taken by someone....a verbal dispute erupted, a complaint was lodged with management, and a "pink slip" was issued....
There's probably more to it than that....but maybe not.....that IS the gist of it, though.
Charlie DID do a brief stint of radio sports on, IIRC, WTPL ("The Pulse") 107.7......and he IS (or, at least, WAS) a spokesman for the New Horizons Food Bank program in NH......

Last edited:
I'd like to see Jeff Brown and Deb Lawlor mornings; Mary Blake and Rod Fritz middays; Laurie Kirby and Kim Tunnicliffe afternoons.

You came pretty close.

On Monday morning there was Jeff Brown at the top/bottom of the hour, with Deb taking her usual quarter-hour positions.

In PM drive there was Laurie Kirby at top/bottom of hour, with Rod Fritz where Jeff used to be.

The only reason I had not mentioned Jeff Brown for AM drive - one of the finer voices of 'BZ Radio News, BTW - is because he had only recently gotten the PM drive gig when Anthony Silva retired. But I'm perfectly fine with him in AM drive.

Tina Gao and Mary Blake did mid-day on Monday.

I guess we'll have to see how mid-day, especially settles down, since Mary typically does fill-in in AM or PM drive.

Maybe I can be a fill in for the Mapfre Insurance Road Report when the weather keeps the copter on the ground.

Maybe I can be a fill in for the Mapfre Insurance Road Report when the weather keeps the copter on the ground.

I don't think CBS Radio owns Radiant Traffic. Several reporters from TTN did come over to Radiant as of 01 April 2017 to maintain continuity, similar to the former MarketWatch reporters who joined Bloomberg. My point being that CBS was powerful enough to move contract workers from feeder sources so they would still be heard for traffic and business reports. (I just wish a few more from TTN could've come over to Radiant; ditto for the former MarketWatch crowd.)

On its website, WBZ has a job posting for a morning drive anchor, a very visible position.

Given the uncertainty due to that damn upcoming acquisition, why don't they just move an existing staff member into that spot, rather than write a new contract for someone brought in from the outside? Thoughts?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom