• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another Alex Jones lawsuit

The Chobani Yogurt Company is suing Alex Jones for claiming the company was importing migrant rapists.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...-420274103.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

http://politics.blog.mystatesman.co...als-that-at-16-id-already-had-over-150-women/

Umm Alex Jones needs to look at himself in the mirror. Apparently a new Alex Jones allegation came out that he was with 150 women? The Austin Statesman cite court documents and Infowars tweets as their evidence here. If the Allegations are true then this sexual Harassment would be way bigger than even Roger Ailes and O'Reilly combined.

Alex Jones needs to stop holding Youtube Hostage to a boycott. Your staff is the reason we have a facebook boycott threat and a youtube boycott threat plus some stations at play here.

so many Alex Jones threads on this section alone, if i'm a mod, i would merge all the Alex Jones thread and rename it to the "all purpose Alex Jones controversies and legal issues thread" so that way, it will cover all Alex Jones issues with the first post being a all updates post.

He's been around for 20 years. He should have cleaned up his act by now. Some of his fill-in hosts seem to be more moderate.
But I heard a KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) spot on the shortwave show yesterday. Usually his clients are water purifiers and survival food companies.
Probably an agency buy thru Genesis and the client really didn't know what he was buying.

The Chobani Yogurt Company is suing Alex Jones for claiming the company was importing migrant rapists.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...-420274103.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...owars-jones-over-video-tying-refugees-to-rape

Apparently the lawsuit is held in the state of Idaho this is due where Alex Jones made the target of the allegations that were proven to be false and Jones called for the boycott of Chobani on his radio and youtube shows.

Infowars also published the video on Twitter under the headline “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists," prompting some online commentators to call for a boycott of privately held Chobani’s products, according to the complaint.

"The background of the video repeatedly depicts, and in doing so misrepresents, Chobani’s owner and Chobani’s products," the Norwich, New York-based company says. Hamdi Ulukaya, the billionaire who moved to the U.S. from Turkey and created the Chobani yogurt empire and has made a point of hiring refugees to work at his factories.

Jones, of Austin, Texas, was an avid supporter of President Donald Trump during the election campaign and had him on his show in December 2015. After Trump’s victory, Jones told Politico that Trump called him to thank him for his support.

Jones gained notoriety after claiming that the U.S. government planned the 9/11 attacks and faked the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, where 26 students and educators died in 2012. The Southern Poverty Law Center describes Jones as “almost certainly the most prolific conspiracy theorist in contemporary America," according to the complaint.

Jones recently apologized for his role in pushing a widely debunked conspiracy theory that a pizza restaurant in Washington was hosting a child-sex ring being run by Hillary Clinton and other Democrats.

The case is Chobani LLC v. Alexander E. Jones, CV42-17-1659, District Court for the Fifth Judicial District of the State of Idaho (Twin Falls).

http://politics.blog.mystatesman.co...als-that-at-16-id-already-had-over-150-women/

Umm Alex Jones needs to look at himself in the mirror. Apparently a new Alex Jones allegation came out that he was with 150 women? The Austin Statesman cite court documents and Infowars tweets as their evidence here. If the Allegations are true then this sexual Harassment would be way bigger than even Roger Ailes and O'Reilly combined.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...partners-the-time-was/uZeUOE1GxSLU4VTJ88i1OM/

and now a tweet from Jones is being cited here for this scandal according to this article Also this article also mentions that Alex Jones may have another son who is apparently 18-19 and was born in 1998 according to this allegation. Damn now we are seeing a Maury type drama here from Youtube host Alex Jones.

Instead, there was this:

“When I was 16, I didn’t want to party anymore. I didn’t want to play games anymore.

“I grew up. I’d already been in the fights; all the big rituals. I’d already had probably -- I hate to brag, but I’m not bragging, it’s actually shameful -- probably 150 women. Or more; that’s conservative. I’d already had over 150 women. I’d already been in fights with full-grown men. I was already dating college girls by the time I was 15 years old. I was already a man at 16.”

For a young man growing up in Rockwall, Texas, to have had sex with 150 women – conservatively – by the time he was 16 seems extraordinary.

But, if it’s not true, why would he say it?

And yet, if it is true, why would he say it now?

It’s the first mention of such a claim.

Here’s more on Jones from a March 2010 Nate Blakeslee profile in Texas Monthly:

“Jones, the son of a dentist and a homemaker, grew up in the Dallas exurb of Rockwall and moved to Austin in 1991, where he attended Anderson High School. Jones describes himself as a ‘socially oblivious’ teenager who was more of a reader than a TV watcher.”

And from a March 2011 profile by Alexander Zaitchk in Rolling Stone:

“It was in high school that Jones discovered a corrupt, Blue Velvet underbelly to his town. At weekend parties, he watched as off-duty cops dealt pot, ecstasy and cocaine to his friends ... Things came to a head during Jones’ sophomore year, when he was pulled over while driving without a license, a six-pack of beer under the passenger seat. Jones told the cop he was corrupt and had no right to enforce laws.

“‘They brought me to jail,’ Jones says. ‘Afterward, one of the cops told me to wise up, or they’d frame me and send me away’ .... For Jones, the encounter with state hypocrisy was transformative.”

While talking about how he had grown up fast, Jones says that unlike his arrested-development friends he had a son by 24.

Jones turned 24 in 1998. That would that make that son 18 or 19 now. But the son who he is seeking to retain custody of in court is 14. So, if Jones had a son when he was 24, that was another son. That’s completely possible. And, he is, of course, under no obligation to tell writers when they are doing profiles of him that he has another son. However, that’s not a known detail in most coverage of Jones.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/alex-jones-court?utm_term=.xoWd6g27Y#.imQrDVEWw

Update on the Alex Jones scandal the court want to figure out how to separate Alex Jones from Infowars. Drama gets crazier for child custody dispute.

AUSTIN — Inside the Texas courtroom hearing the child custody dispute involving Alex Jones, testimony on Tuesday was twice suspended following questions surrounding the Infowars founder's alleged prolific teenage sex life.

Specifically, the question was whether the Jones family therapist knew that the popular broadcaster and conspiracy theorist claimed that he’d slept with roughly 150 women by the age of 16. The claim was made by Jones on his Infowars broadcast on Sunday, during the weekend recess of his 10-day custody trial.

The sex life allegations were brought up once again on the stand by Jones’ ex-wife, Kelly Jones, during testimony as to whether Alex Jones was a suitable role model for his children.

Each time the allegation was brought up, Jones’ attorney’s objected and the jury was dismissed for a break.

With the jury out of the room, the discussion surrounded a contentious issue that’s dominated the proceedings: should Jones’ professional life be allowed as evidence?

Judge Orlinda Naranjo has repeatedly told the attorneys on both sides that Jones’ political beliefs would not be on trial these two weeks. "I don't want this case tried in the press. It should be tried in here," the judge told the attorneys.

But untangling Jones' political beliefs and professional career from his personal life has been difficult. Amid the arguments between both sides, one of Alex Jones' lawyers told the court, “I know we were told that we’re not going to allow this court to try Infowars.”

"I don't want this case tried in the press. It should be tried in here."
However, Alex Jones’ numerous daily videos — some of which are believed to be shot from his lawyers’ office near the courthouse before and after the court is in session — have created problems for all parties in the trial.

Though Jones has stopped referring to the trial specifically in his dispatches, he has addressed the media circus surrounding his case, accusing the reporters in the room of "assassinating his character.”

In other videos from the last week, Jones has dredged up information about the Sandy Hook children’s massacre and also made the claim about his teenage sex life.

“This isn’t a political matter,” Kelly Jones’ attorney, Robert Newman, told the court after the jury was dismissed, referring to Jones’ claim he’d slept with 150 women. “The jury needs to know who this man is — the whole case he’s flown under the radar. He’s also making a mockery of this court’s gag order.”

Still, Kelly Jones’ attorneys appear to be building a case that suggests Jones uses his professional talents to his advantage.

Yesterday, during a cross examination of a psychologist in the case, Newman called Jones a “master manipulator,” suggesting Jones might be capable of alienating his children from Kelly Jones. Similarly, Mrs. Jones’ attorneys have repeatedly made the case that Alex Jones’ on-air persona extends to his family life.

During her testimony on Tuesday morning, Kelly Jones emphasized this point and accused Alex Jones of being a “violent, cruel, and abusive man who engages in hate speech at home and in public.” She accused him of racist and homophobic comments, as well as frequent comments demeaning to women. “He’s enraged and out of control all the time,” she said, calling Infowars (which Mrs. Jones was involved with many years ago) “a portal of hate.”

Jones’ attorneys, however, allege that Jones is a devoted family man and that the more outlandish behavior is “political satire” or “performance art.” Jones himself claimed that 95% of Infowars is hard news and that his demeanor on the show and at home is “95% kind and gentle.” Jones argues that the media cherry picks the worst elements as part of its campaign to assassinate his character.

But with just three days to go — including more testimony from Kelly Jones — an essential question remains: can you separate Alex Jones’ politics from his professional life?

http://www.vox.com/2017/4/26/15427170/alex-jones-custody-battle-performance-artist-satire

Update on the Alex Jones Trial here in the Child custody edition. OK it seems to me that we are drifting into other allegations here that would have to be reserved on the Chobani Lawsuit.

In a Texas courtroom, Alex Jones’s persona is on trial.

The conspiracy theorist who counts President Donald Trump among his fans is in the second week of an ongoing custody battle with his ex-wife, Kelly Jones. And at the center of the trial is the question of whether Jones’s on-air shtick is, well, for real.

If you’ve ever watched or listened to Jones’s Infowars (as I have), you’d come away steeped in a dark and distorted view of the world. Jones alleges that 9/11 was “an inside job,” that the Sandy Hook massacre was designed to get Americans to side with gun control, and that there’s a secret fungus epidemic spreading across the country and slowly killing Americans.

These bizarre claims, and many, many others, are often delivered in red-faced rants with Jones’s signature husky rasp. They’re framed, like most conspiracy theories, as truths the mainstream media and elites are hiding from public view. Jones is the bearer of the truth. As his Twitter profile reads, he’s “Fighting for Freedom & Liberty on the Frontlines of Truth Journalism.”

Some Alex Jones fans aren't interested in conspiracies. They just want to hold institutions accountable.

But his lawyers are now telling a very different story in his custody battle: that Jones’s audience shouldn’t actually take him seriously.

They’re building a case that he is merely a “performance artist” and his angry on-air rants are a “character” he plays on radio and TV. According to Austin American-Statesman reporter Jonathan Tilove, who has been following the case closely, the lawyers argue Alex Jones on Infowars is delivering “humor” and “sarcasm.” In reality, Jones is “kind and gentle.”

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/business/article146943339.html

Alex Jones may arrive in Idaho to explain the charges to the court and yes go after the factory connected to Chobani
KIDO-AM is mentioned here in the report that carries Infowars.

Right-wing radio host Alex Jones says he will fight Chobani’s defamation lawsuit against him and will visit Idaho to expose Chobani founder Hamdi Ulukaya’s “Islamacist” agenda.

“I’m choosing this as a battle,” Jones said Tuesday on his YouTube channel. “On this I will stand. I will win, or I will die.”

Chobani, which operates the world’s largest yogurt plant in Twin Falls, sued Jones on Monday. The lawsuit said Jones repeatedly published false information April 11 on his InfoWars website, his Twitter feed and his YouTube channel linking Chobani and owner Hamdi Ulukaya to a sexual assault case involving refugee children at a Twin Falls apartment complex, and to increases in crime and tuberculosis in Twin Falls.

Jones stood by his network’s reporting and said he would come to KIDO-AM (580) in Boise, which carries his syndicated show.

“I’m going to be going to Idaho,” Jones said. “I’m going to go on that local radio station. I’m going to bring investigative crews there. I am going to show what the locals are doing. I am going to show the Islamicists getting off of the planes. You want a fight? You better believe, baby, you’ve got one.”

In an earlier video Tuesday, Jones said billionaire Hillary Clinton supporter George Soros was backing Chobani’s lawsuit. Jones calles Soros a “Nazi collaborator.”

Soros isn’t named in the suit. Chobani declined to comment.

Jones said his network had already changed one headline specified in the lawsuit — “Idaho Yogurt Maker Caught Importing Migrant Rapists” — two weeks ago at the request of Chobani attorneys. That headline remained Wednesday on a tweet on the InfoWars feed that promotes a video on Jones’ YouTube channel, “MSM Covers For Globalist’s Refugee Import Program After Child Rape Case.” Jones retweeted the Tweet.

Throughout Tuesday’s broadcast, Jones stood by his network’s reporting on the Twin Falls assault and the link between Muslim refugees, crime and disease.

“Everybody knows that there’s a massive Islamic invasion going on all over the Western world, and that they’ve basically bought off local governments and are basically taking over our society,” he said.

Guys Expect a protest at KIDO-AM studios/offices the way things are going this could end up crazier than the Child Custody trial.

From what I know Alex Jones takes in claims not accusations. So Chobani are either taking him too seriously or Alex Jones is right and they are trying to cover something up. :D

From what I know Alex Jones takes in claims not accusations. So Chobani are either taking him too seriously or Alex Jones is right and they are trying to cover something up. :D

Update in an unrelated lawsuit Alex Jones loses custody of the kids

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ars-loses-primary-custody-his-kids/101017394/

A Texas jury has stripped right-wing radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones of primary custody of his children and awarded joint custody to his ex-wife.

A Travis County jury returned the decision shortly before midnight Thursday after nine hours of deliberation. The verdict means Jones will have visitation rights with the children, ages 9, 12 and 14, but that ex-wife Kelly Jones will establish their primary residence.

State District Judge Orlinda Naranjo also announced Kelly Jones will decide where the children will live, The Austin American-Statesman reports.

Kelly Jones’ attorney countered that the bombastic broadcast personality, who has called the 2012 Sandy Hook school killings a hoax, is a “cult leader” who was turning their children against his ex-wife in what she called "parental alienation syndrome."

“Mr. Jones is like a cult leader,” attorney Robert Hoffman said. “The children appear to be cult followers, doing what daddy wants them to do.”

After the verdict, Kelly Jones told the American-Statesman she was "so grateful to God that he has kept me and my family strong through this.”

“I just pray that from what’s happened with my family people can really understand what parental alienation syndrome is and get an awareness of it and we can stop this from happening in the future,” she said.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicagos-...uld-chobani-sue-alex-jones-for-only-10000-00/

Last week there was an article in the Tribune that reported Greek Yogurt company Chobani was suing lunatic and per himself, actor Alex Jones. The basis of the suit is that Jones and his InfoWars website falsely tied Chobani to the sexual assault of a five year old girl near their Idaho plant.

Jones is of course a terrible person. Anyone who calls Newtown a false flag operation as a way to make money for themselves has a special place in hell reserved for them.

The article caused a reader to ask me why Chobani would go through the trouble to sue Jones for only $10k as is mentioned at the end of the article. The reader wanted to know why Chobani wasn't demanding millions. It's an important legal point.

The article actually says Chobani is asking for "at least $10,000.00" not that they only want that amount. In Illinois you will often see similar articles where a plaintiff is asking for at least $50,000.00. The reason is purely procedural to put the case in a courtroom called the Law Division. That is a court for cases that could have a higher value. If you think the case is worth a smaller amount you'd put it in the municipal division which usually allows for faster hearings.

I assume Idaho operates in the same manner and it's likely that anything under 10 grand is a small claims court. I assure you that Chobani isn't looking for ten grand and an apology although Jones has been having to do that a lot lately.

Contrast this with some headlines where it says a plaintiff is suing for $50 million!!! Why does that happen? That's usually just lawyers trying to play a PR game and get attention to their case, but it almost never has anything to do with reality. The United passenger who was beaten seems to have a very good case for example and while his lawyers certainly want millions, when the case is filed they will ask for at least 50k. Less experienced attorneys would try to make a show out of it and it wouldn't mean a thing.

Beyond that, in some cases you think a case is worth millions and it turns out it's worth nothing. Other times a small case ends up huge. It's especially true when you are suing right after an accident or incident. You couldn't possibly accurately state what a case is worth at that point and courts don't want you to.

Its the question of why a corporation would sue for $10k.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom