• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What aired instead of the NASCAR Race on your local FOX station yesterday?

Due to the weather they postponed yesterday's NASCAR Race til today at 1PM. What did your FOX station air?

Here in Hartford FOX 61 aired 6 episodes of Cops Reloaded and a bonus episode of Whacked Out Sports. I call it a bonus episode since it was already on the schedule for 5:30, so they aired another episode at 5. They usually air Cops Reloaded at 3AM Monday-Friday.

sadly KMSP Minneapolis (which is a O&O station) decided to cram their locally produced "The Jason Show" down our throats from noon-5pm. (apparently the 3 times a day showing they do between KMSP and co-owned WFTC My29 isnt enough)

I believe our "local" fox affiliate ran back to back episodes of the ever popular
and highly stimulating, "How to be a good Russian citizen and fink on my
neighbors" show. Truly memorable!!!!!

Infomercials, infomercials, infomercials on KCYU/Yakima.

Oh for the days when every local station had a movie library to call upon for sports rain-out filler programming. WOR New York was famous for "Rain-out Theater," feature films that would take the place of rained-out Mets games. Even network affiliates in most cities had a library of movies for midday and late night use, and those would take the place of postponed games, matches, races, etc. But infomercials mean money, and the more you run them, the more money you can make.

If more people cared about OTA XX.1 channels, there would be Fox stations running movies from their film library, putting 2 minute local breaks in each black spot. But in this day and age, with 500 cable channels and MeTV, Antenna TV, Grit etc. on XX.2/XX.3 etc., who cares?

Oh for the days when every local station had a movie library to call upon for sports rain-out filler programming. WOR New York was famous for "Rain-out Theater," feature films that would take the place of rained-out Mets games. Even network affiliates in most cities had a library of movies for midday and late night use, and those would take the place of postponed games, matches, races, etc. But infomercials mean money, and the more you run them, the more money you can make.

WCTX Channel 59 in New Haven, CT has been on the air for 22 years. They've had baseball rights probably for the last 20 - either Yankees or Red Sox (when the Red Sox were still on OTA TV). And I remember back in the day many times during rain delays and/or postmoments they aired MASH or All in the Family reruns as filler. These days if its a prime-time game that gets postponed they'll air their regular programing from the My Network TV Programming Service.

i wonder if Fox was able to stream the race for free with no hassle on Fox Sports Go in those markets the chose to carry normal weekday programing on their stations instead of the race.

anyway, next time a NASCAR race is schedule to air on Fox on a Sunday gets a rain delay to a Monday, then those races can be aired on FS1 instead. or FX if there's a conflict with FS1 or FS1 due to soccer or any other sporting even from overseas ongoing at the time the rescheduled race gets under way.

the race at Bristol should had just aired on FS1 or FX instead.

i wonder if Fox was able to stream the race for free with no hassle on Fox Sports Go in those markets the chose to carry normal weekday programing on their stations instead of the race.

anyway, next time a NASCAR race is schedule to air on Fox on a Sunday gets a rain delay to a Monday, then those races can be aired on FS1 instead. or FX if there's a conflict with FS1 or FS1 due to soccer or any other sporting even from overseas ongoing at the time the rescheduled race gets under way.

the race at Bristol should had just aired on FS1 or FX instead.

I'm no expert, but I have a strong feeling the contract with NASCAR requires that races stay on the main. over-the-air network even in the event of a postponement. If so, moving the race to a cable channel available to millions fewer potential viewers is not possible.

WAGA here in Atlanta definitely carried the race (and as a Fox O&O...why not?); their weekday afternoon lineup consisted of TMZ Live, Harry (Connick, Jr.), Steve Harvey, and Judge Judy anyway.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom