• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Me TV commercials

Last night I watched one of the early Star Trek episodes, entitled
"Where no man has gone before." The episode, with Gary Lockwood
and Sally Kellerman about two people whose minds where invaded by
a psychic force was shown unedited. There were many scenes which
I don't recall ever seeing before. In one scene, Kirk and others enter
a turbo lift and emerge to see the bridge of The Enterprise from an
unusual angle and perspective. Wondering what, if any, other shows
on Me TV are running unedited????

Have seen that scene before...very rare on such camera shots.. even in STTNG.. they did the same twice or three times max during the entire series

That was the pilot episode. Gary Lockwood had worked with Gene Roddenberry on the 1964 series 'The Lieutenant' and was ostensibly picked as Roddenberry's choice for the Star Trek lead. After the pilot production, once the series was picked up, William Shatner had the lead. I have no idea what happened between Roddenberry and Lockwood, but the change resulted in what could've been just another role becoming one of the most iconic in TV History. This is not a negative comment on Lockwood's acting ability, he was a fine actor. I just cannot conceive of anyone owning that role the way Shatner did.

It was actually the second pilot, and did star Shatner as Kirk.
The first pilot was The Cage, starring Jeffrey Hunter as Capt. Pike.
The network did not like it. Apparently neither did Mrs. Hunter, who
reportedly told her husband not to pursue this job any further.

Lucille Ball is credited with believing in the potential of Star Trek
and giving it a second chance at Desilu.

I tried watching an episode of Mary Tyler Moore on Me TV a couple years ago and it was obvious that it had been time compressed. I assumed it was done so they didn't have to edit any of the show for more commercials, but it was too annoying for me to watch any more. They may have done that with the Star Trek episode you saw.

The next time you watch Me TV try to notice if the actors talk really fast.

Bronx

I tried watching an episode of Mary Tyler Moore on Me TV a couple years ago and it was obvious that it had been time compressed. I assumed it was done so they didn't have to edit any of the show for more commercials, but it was too annoying for me to watch any more. They may have done that with the Star Trek episode you saw.

The next time you watch Me TV try to notice if the actors talk really fast.

Bronx

I watch Me TV all the time and haven't noticed anything like that.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom