103.3 FM simulcast of AM 1360 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 103.3 FM simulcast of AM 1360

Two weeks since the tower had been stripped bare. Also, LPFM, 106.9, TJ signs on.

An LPFM in Tijuana, aka a pirate. I'm surprised none of these pirates ever consider frequencies like 97.7 or some of the allotments made to Rosarito. (The FCC allocations list is out of date with some of the moves that have taken place over the last 20 years — in general, the FCC FM DB's record for Mexico is in rough shape.)
    "You're gorgeous, you're beautiful, you're on Stereo 99...Phoenix's B-B-C!"

I think this one is legit. Gave network and rolled off stations in numerous Mex. cities. But the signal was low, and the audio was too high, and so was the distortion.
    Need to get down to south Bay for a better signal. Very spotty near CW6 building

Quote Originally Posted by Big 121 View Post
    I think this one is legit. Gave network and rolled off stations in numerous Mex. cities. But the signal was low, and the audio was too high, and so was the distortion.
    Need to get down to south Bay for a better signal. Very spotty near CW6 building
    You sure you're not getting 106.9 FM in Ensenada, XHADA-FM? That's in the Exa FM national network.

Waaay off on this one . It's K295AI, Muscoy. Its 7 watts get out quite good, at over 100 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Big 121 View Post
    Waaay off on this one . It's K295AI, Muscoy. Its 7 watts get out quite good, at over 100 miles.
    It has a pretty strange contour. Looks almost...phallic, but it's pointed STRAIGHT south at San Bernardino.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12