• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Morning Show on 98.9

Just another turd Hubbard will flush down the toilet on 98.9 - the only thing consistent at 98.9 is that it's a failure on all levels. They ruled smooth jazz but since then nothing and I mean ab-so-lutly nothing worked. What makes you think this is going to be the answer. Bathroom humor from 3 dudes out of market relates to men 35-44 in Seattle how? 98.9 is like the Cleveland Browns of radio.

Last edited:
New syndicated morning show starts on Monday on the New Rock 98.9 Seattle....

Time to get serious.....

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/...le-adds-billy-madison-show-for?ref=mail_recap

Yawn...what format are they going to switch to next? (The only thing that this station had going for it was having David Lee doing the voice overs. They dumped him, probably because of cost.)

The fact that it took Hubbard over a year to come up with something, even if it's out of market, to me is a sign of low confidence in Factoria.

Last edited:
Just another turd Hubbard will flush down the toilet on 98.9 - the only thing consistent at 98.9 is that it's a failure on all levels. They ruled smooth jazz but since then nothing and I mean ab-so-lutly nothing worked. What makes you think this is going to be the answer. Bathroom humor from 3 dudes out of market relates to men 35-44 in Seattle how? 98.9 is like the Cleveland Browns of radio.

And I always thought that 96.5 was cursed after KXRX went off the air in July, 1994.

"Bathroom humor from 3 dudes out of market relates to men 35-44 in Seattle how?"

Tom Leykis.

Seemed to rule the airwaves for about a decade around here.

"Bathroom humor from 3 dudes out of market relates to men 35-44 in Seattle how?"

Tom Leykis.

And where is Tom now? That kind of shtick can only last for so long before either people just grow tired of it, or better still, they just grow up.

Tom Leykis.

Really you went there with THAT lame POS Tom... That's like saying a Ford Model T is great car. Old outdated and completely irrelevant. today's radio listener is not yesterday's so that thinking is why you are more than likely NOT in PD chair or behind a mic... just saying. Time to get back to dominating the ratings and airwaves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really you went there with THAT lame POS Tom... That's like saying a Ford Model T is great car. Old outdated and completely irrelevant. today's radio listener is not yesterday's so that thinking is why you are more than likely NOT in PD chair or behind a mic... just saying. Time to get back to dominating the ratings and airwaves!

Not only did Tom Lykis get good ratings, advertising on his show produced results for the clients that were brave enough to be there. I don't think his going off air had much to do with Seattle, we were one of his strongest markets. You can have your opinion but I go with what puts money in the bank for my clients, and The Buzz was an amazing station in it's day with BJ Shay in AM and Tom in PM drive. I remember seeing many cars with headlight flashing on friday afternoons. As far as this new show on 98.9 how do they do in other markets or what is the history on them?

Last edited:
"that thinking is why you are more than likely NOT in PD chair or behind a mic..."

And that thinking sir is why you are still in a dead end back stabbing industry. But please do enjoy the ride down the drain.

"that thinking is why you are more than likely NOT in PD chair or behind a mic..."

And that thinking sir is why you are still in a dead end back stabbing industry. But please do enjoy the ride down the drain.

I am all the way to bank, again it's your comments like this that indicate why you are not in the business because the real talent knows how to adapt change and improvise and as the industry changes the cream rises to the top and the rest fall by the way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom