• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KXNG - Is it working?

But KODA and The Spot are Houston stations, which are not DX-able on Mars where Mediafrog+ believes Bruce may actually be living with his family of yagis.

Good one David! I needed a laugh this afternoon! But not Mars - from my musical tastes you should have assumed I was 40 to 50 light years away, when the oldies I prefer are now current hits.

In all seriousness - alas even the most powerful of Earth stations are now believed to travel only about one light year, which is also the extent of the Oort cloud. When it comes to radio - it seems that what happens on Earth - stays on Earth. Only the SETI people know how to broadcast to other stars using the right equipment and frequencies. No aliens are going to hear our music unless they come here - Selena or otherwise.

Wow - took some research on your part to find the number of plays.

Finding that takes about 90 seconds.

I'd be a bit embarrassed to mention Ricky Martin - wasn't one of his songs voted WORST song ever? Macarena or something like that.

La Macarena was a dance remix of a Spanish party song by Los del Río. Not by Ricky Martin, who began as a member of the Puerto Rican teen band, Menudo.

I probably cut off my musical interests sometime in the 80's or 90's except for select songs or unless I know somebody personally (that other Selena) or Ariana.

IIRC, Ariana Grande is of Italian. Not Hispanic.

Bowing out of this thread - it is getting a bit contentious and straying further afield from radio. Nice hearing other viewpoints, I hope my openness to correction and learning about a different culture soothes hurt feelings a bit ----

It's definitely a radio subject... since different cultural groups influence music in different ways in different cities and areas. In Texas, the Hispanic presence has an enormous influence on what is played on the radio. Just as the Black community and Motown influenced Detroit, and, eventually, the whole nation.

Only the SETI people know how to broadcast to other stars using the right equipment and frequencies.

Having lived within an hour or so drive of the Arecibo radio telescope for about 3 decades, I definitely appreciate the technology issues here. The rest of the Universe has, thus, been spared Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern and Don Imus.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom