• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April Ratings Released

Pretty remarkable that ME-TV FM continues to do so well. I know the demos can't be discerned from these numbers, but it certainly has held back WLIT and some other 'classic' stations.

The Music Of Your Life and Stardust Formats did well in the Ratings 30-40 years ago. Why should people be surprised that MeTV FM is doing well now, with Music that is 30-40 years more recent than MOYL originally had? Is the resistance from advertising agencies to older demos, or younger sales people at stations playing more recent Music Formats being unmotivated to sell Music Formats with older music, that explains the negativity despite the Ratings? I remember when I was a kid turning the slide rule dial on an old radio down to 530 kHz and the pointer getting stuck. Here we have an FM at such an inconvenient place on the FM dial, that some radios won't even tune it, and it is STILL DOING REMARKABLY WELL, as well as stations "Smack Dab In The Middle", like WLUP (WSDM), of the FM Dial doing no better overall.

Last edited:
50 years ago WLS 890 and WCFL 1000 were both fighting to be in first place. Today both are at the bottom of the ratings with 1000 beating 890. Back in the 60's, WIND 560 was at the top of the ratings with Howard Miller king of morning radio but today WIND is no longer in the ratings radar. The power houses (The Big 89 and Super CFL have all lost their fuel so all we have left is memories of what they were.

.....WIND is no longer in the ratings radar.....,.

WIND does not subscribe to the PPM ratings, so the information regarding whatever numbers they might have is not available to them or anywhere else except to subscribing stations. So those subscribing stations in the Chicago market do know exactly how WIND stacks up.

Why doesn't WIND/Salem subscribe. I can't speak for them. But I will say that in my career in advertising, I was a staunch advocate of "If there's no penalty for not doing something, then WHY should you do it?"

Last edited:
Pretty remarkable that ME-TV FM continues to do so well. I know the demos can't be discerned from these numbers, but it certainly has held back WLIT and some other 'classic' stations.

WLIT is having the best Jan-Feb-Mar run in recent memory, with each month in 25-54 being a bit better. It apparently made some converts with the Christmas period, which was double digit material. Among any age group that significant advertisers want, ME-TV has not dinged them at all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom