• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bucs move to 98 Rock!

Dum question of the day. Why have a sports station that does not carry the sports? If I want to hear music, I'll listen to the music station. If I want to hear sports, I'll put on the sports station. Does this mean that during the bucks games WDAE will be playing rock music? I'm sure that those who listen to WXTB who don't like the bucks are just tickled pink.

Dum question of the day. Why have a sports station that does not carry the sports?

Because it's a POS AM station with the lowest ratings in town. I'm sure the Bucs said a big Hell No to that. They wanted a comparable facility to WFUS, and they determined that alternative rock was a good place to put it. There are several other alternative rockers around the country that carry NFL play by play.

Here's the good news: Be happy that didn't flip the station to all sports, simulcasting the AM. Although they might at some point.

I believe every NFL team has an FM broadcast of their play-by-play. Often those are music stations.

It turns out that the Bucs will be the only station in the NFC south that isn't on a talk station, though.
Falcons - 92.9 Sports Talk
Panthers - 99.3/1110 News/Talk
New Orleans - 105.3/860 News/Talk

On the other hand, the AFC South has several music stations:
Titans - 104.5 Sports Talk
Jaguars - 99.9 Country
Colts - 97.1 Country
Texans - 100.3 Country

Jaguars - 99.9 Country
Colts - 97.1 Country
Texans - 100.3 Country

You make a good point that there are several country stations carrying the NFL. There is a strong connection between country music and the NFL. Luke Bryan sang the anthem at the Super Bowl this year. Lots of country stars do shows in NFL stadiums. Who was that partying with the Kraft family when the Patriots won? Kenny Chesney.

I guess the reason iHeart moved the Bucs off the country station was the team was bringing down their weekend numbers.

The Bucs have been on FM for over thirty years. They were on Q-105 and then WQYK before WFUS. I thought, each time was an FM simulcast for the game carried on an AM counterpart.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom