• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Arrakis Digilink music scheduling issues

Pure Country

New Participating Member
I have been cursed with Arrakis Digilink automation software and there are ongoing issues with it rotating the music. Despite a 1500 song classic country playlist in two categories, it continues to play only a portion of the list while ignoring some of it for days on end. The Arrakis tech staff couldn't figure it out so I am not too confident in a real solution, but if there is one the posters here on RD will know. I would like to trash it and get a new system, but for some reason the owner of the cluster is sold on this crappy system. Any tips or suggestions other than throwing it in the dumpster?

A number of years ago, I got a free copy of the Arrakis software when I purchased a small mixer from them. I'm glad it was free, because I never got it to do what I needed it to do, so I feel your pain. For a little over $200 you can buy Zara Studio, which works fine in a small commercial station environment. Actually, I think the free version, Zara Radio, is better than the version of Arrakis I had. It wouldn't cost you much to try it. Just some time. Of course, there are quite a few other reasonably priced automation programs out there as well.

A number of years ago, I got a free copy of the Arrakis software when I purchased a small mixer from them. I'm glad it was free, because I never got it to do what I needed it to do, so I feel your pain. For a little over $200 you can buy Zara Studio, which works fine in a small commercial station environment. Actually, I think the free version, Zara Radio, is better than the version of Arrakis I had. It wouldn't cost you much to try it. Just some time. Of course, there are quite a few other reasonably priced automation programs out there as well.

I actually installed the free version and showed the owner how simple and efficient it was. No idea why he thinks Arrakashit Digistink is somehow our best option. he thinks that despite the fact we use no satellite feeds or anything complicated he needs this unworkable nonsense. He even watched the Arrakis tech support remotely try to fix the issue and not fix it. If they can't fix their own system it belongs in the dumpster.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom