• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.5 Galveston?

I'm over here in Deer Park today and was just seeing what was offered on the FM dial only to hear a commercial for a surf shop I believe in Galveston coming from 101.5, then it was back to classic hits. Anyone know what this could be? Not the Star of the Bay right?

I was in Galveston today I listened to the station the playlist is great 70s and 80s rock and r&b. Only thing they need to change is the volume level is like 20% to 30% to loud. Range kinda sucks it fades in out about the dog track in La Marque AM coverage area is much worse than the FM coverage area.

Possible the AM is off I should have been picking it up at 517 in Dickenson I got nothing just a little bleed over from the Spanish station on 1530

Last edited:
I was in Galveston today I listened to the station the playlist is great 70s and 80s rock and r&b. Only thing they need to change is the volume level is like 20% to 30% to loud. Range kinda sucks it fades in out about the dog track in La Marque AM coverage area is much worse than the FM coverage area.

Possible the AM is off I should have been picking it up at 517 in Dickenson I got nothing just a little bleed over from the Spanish station on 1530

It was on earlier this afternoon.. I heard it on I10 in Bayteon and later at Senior Road

I guess 1540 was off on Friday and maybe yesterday when I tired again close to 610 and Stella Link

The frequency was operating from Clear Lake Area at one point as "STAR 101.5". I remember that because the irony was I started @ KLYX Clear Lake, and at the time I heard 101.5 was working for another "STAR 101.5" in Seattle. Wonder what happened to that Clear Lake version (if 101.5 is just a translator at this point)

Star 101.5 was a Full service FM licensed to Clear Lake then moved to Crystal Beach years ago.....Cumulus had 101.5 as a simulcast for 101.7 Beaumont but the station was damaged by Rita...and never was built back to specs..the license was turned in a year ago and deleted...

Star 101.5 was a Full service FM licensed to Clear Lake then moved to Crystal Beach years ago.....Cumulus had 101.5 as a simulcast for 101.7 Beaumont but the station was damaged by Rita...and never was built back to specs..the license was turned in a year ago and deleted...

When he says damaged, he means the former transmitter building and transmitter are somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico right now.

When he says damaged, he means the former transmitter building and transmitter are somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico right now.

And the irony of "ContinuousWave" and a transmitter floating in the Gulf is not lost on me!!!
Thanks for the info! (There is also a Wikipedia page that documents the sale to Cumulus, etc.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom