• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Infomercials help to pay the bills but this is rdiculous

It's bad enough that WCRN has infomercials during weekdays but Irreconcilable Differences on Friday's from 2 - 3 has been the same show for weeks now.

I can usually get out of work early on Friday afternoon's and tune in around 2:45 or so to listen to the Howie Carr show and it's the same final segment of the infomercial every single week.

Last edited:
Howie's a 4 hour infomercial for his books and tshirts.

It's bad enough that WCRN has infomercials during weekdays but Irreconcilable Differences on Friday's from 2 - 3 has been the same show for weeks now.

I can usually get out of work early on Friday afternoon's and tune in around 2:45 or so to listen to the Howie Carr show and it's the same final segment of the infomercial every single week.

I'll betcha' that Howie is fill until they sell a profitable infomercial in that time period.

Look at the products stations have been selling inventory to ... fat melt pills, colon cleanse pills, boner pills, Kars 4 Kids, spots that have people pressing the button to change stations as soon as the ad comes on.

Does it surprise you a station would run the same pre recorded crap week after week in the same time period? As long as the check clears they don't care.

We left the concept of quality programming behind years ago.

What else is the AM band good for these days.... even WBZ fills their weekends with crap.

You mean people listen to the over the hill Howie Carr ? Isn't he past his sell by date. This individual of questionable moral ethics who began his campaign to destroy his mentor, Jerry Williams, when Williams was far younger than Carr is now.

Howie is 65. Jerry passed away at the age of 79 and in his final years had brief shows at WROL and the AM 1060 ("WMEX"at the time? Alex Langer). For being past his sell by date, WRKO has no problems carrying Howie's show, as do a couple dozen other stations. He has a whole bunch of appearances to sell his books, does many TV and radio interviews, etc. After Howie passes on eventually, maybe VB will write a bio of him.

As with WMEX (is it for sale?), WRKO at least hasn't turned to ethnic radio, syndicated sports, Brother Stair,
or progressive talk. (For a time SOME of those hit WMEX not so long ago...)

Last edited:
You mean people listen to the over the hill Howie Carr ? Isn't he past his sell by date. This individual of questionable moral ethics who began his campaign to destroy his mentor, Jerry Williams, when Williams was far younger than Carr is now.

I don't know, he has managed to keep his job, and paycheck, unlike some other "past-their-due-date" bitter former broadcasters...

Howie's a 4 hour infomercial for his books and tshirts.

I think that is known as an alternative revenue stream, and is no different than Kiss 108 doing their 2 big yearly concerts that net them a pretty penny, or any of a dozen different ways broadcasters bring in non ad dollar revenue.

So he goes to Market Basket on a Saturday, sells his book for 20 bucks, he self publishes, maybe it costs him 5 bucks a book to print ... all his self published stuff is paperback, and he makes a good chunk of change in the process.

BTW there was a line to get books at one signing last weekend. CHA CHING.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit that once he got out of his Entercom contract , he has done very well self syndicating. Even the last 2 years at Entercom, were very very lucrative as they had to pay him way more than he was worth to keep him, albeit against his will. He laughed all the way to the bank.

He is still on more stations than Imus.

He can be as offensive as any right wing conservative host,but yet we see no advertiser boycott like Limbaugh, O'Reilly or Imus did.

He will milk this cow for as long as it provides for him.... and any of us would do the same.

Yeah, on Christmas Eve WBZ had an infomercial for a financial company following their annual presentation of A Christmas Carol starring Gary Lapierre as Ebenezer Scrooge! Whatever happened to the days when they aired Christmas music Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Happy Easter, by the way.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit that once he got out of his Entercom contract , he has done very well self syndicating. Even the last 2 years at Entercom, were very very lucrative as they had to pay him way more than he was worth to keep him, albeit against his will. He laughed all the way to the bank.

I enjoy listening to Howie, but after a while the constant plugs (for his books, not his hair) get tiresome and I have to flip the channel. 100% admit if I were him, I'd be doing the same thing, all the way to the bank. Good for him.

I enjoy listening to Howie, but after a while the constant plugs (for his books, not his hair) get tiresome and I have to flip the channel. 100% admit if I were him, I'd be doing the same thing, all the way to the bank. Good for him.

As soon as the stuttering/stammering starts and/or he gives out the wrong call in number, that's when I shut him off, I refuse to listen to mcscreamer, she's a whole different kind of annoying....ego is horrendous, always talking about her Leo "friends" (same woman who assaulted a LEO while drunk driving), constantly nagging and complaining about her "crew". SMH

I'm still trying to find out the disposition of that case, the DWI is no big deal, if it is her first time they disposition it as a CWOF, 45 day loss of license, drunk school..... but rumor has it they were not willing to cut her a break on the assault on a police officer charge.....

This was not proven...and should not be stated as fact.

correct, she was accused of ASSAULT and BATTERY on a police officer

As to it being proven, that is why I would love to know the disposition of the case.

Guilty means it has proven, Admitting to sufficient facts ( an Alford Plea ) holds the same weight as a guilty. Nolo contendere ...same thing you can not prove your innocence.

Anything but a "not responsible" finding holds the same weight as a guilty finding or plea.

So who has friends over at the Old Colony Barracks?

Last edited:
either way there is a record of the disposition, the days of files being thrown away are over, somewhere there is a record of the disposition.

The way I heard it was the MSP was not willing to drop the A&B charges due to her name dropping, belligerence, and calling people in the middle of the night looking to get it broomed.

You could appear Pro Se and get a CWOF on a first time DWI, but no prosecutor I know is letting that A&B go away.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom