• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about Westwood One News

MarcB

Walk of Fame Participant
This may be a strange question. Is the satellite channel that carries the Westwood One hourly newscast the same one that airs Westwood One Sports? Our local station "tapes" the Westwood One News and network Commercials and airs it as close to the top of the hour as possible. However on Sunday afternoons I often hear sports underneath the news and network spots. Or is something goofy with the station's automation system? The last part of the second network spot is often cut off too and replace by a recorded weather forecast of the legal ID.

I don't think so. Westwood One sports has 5 or 6 channels that are dedicated to sports, and run an identification loop at other times. ("This is Westwood One Sports channel 2. The pregame for the Steelers and Ravens begins in 8 minutes from ... mark (tone for 25 sec) This is Westwood One Sports channel 2. The pregame for the Steelers and Ravens begins in 7minutes 30 seconds from ... mark")

I'm not absolutely certain, but when I was going to the mountains two weeks ago, I think I heard the same newscast on a Westwood One Classic Hit Country station that I hear at home on an America's Best Music station online. The anchor had a name that sounded like Michael Toscano.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom