• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Car audio reception problems

I have a 2006 ford f150that had a pioneer radio in it. When it went out I replaced it with a kenwood that I had, but the cd player didn't work so I finally went and bought another radio. The problem I have is it sounds like the radio volume is going up and down, like it's getting muffled then clear then muffled again when listening to any am or fm station. It does not do it when on Bluetooth or listening to a cd. I had the same problem with the other 2 radios as well.

I have a 2006 ford f150that had a pioneer radio in it. When it went out I replaced it with a kenwood that I had, but the cd player didn't work so I finally went and bought another radio. The problem I have is it sounds like the radio volume is going up and down, like it's getting muffled then clear then muffled again when listening to any am or fm station. It does not do it when on Bluetooth or listening to a cd. I had the same problem with the other 2 radios as well.

Check your antenna connection. The cable between the radio and the antenna may be damaged or the connector not inserted into the radio all the way.

Most modern aftermarket and factory radios have a "blend" mode, where if the signal is too noisy or low, it will roll off the high frequencies and mono sum the audio until the noise floor improves. The fact you have experienced this with several radios, seems to indicate you have an antenna problem.

I checked the connection at the back of the radio and where it plugs into the base of the antenna. I guess I need to dig my multi meter out and check the wire. Thanks

I checked the connection at the back of the radio and where it plugs into the base of the antenna. I guess I need to dig my multi meter out and check the wire. Thanks

Are these radios switching between an analog and digital signal when the digital signal becomes weak or disturbed, losing the lock on the digital and falling back to the analog? So often I hear the difference in level from one to the other is very noticable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom