• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Advertisers are boycotting Fox News because of the Bill O'Reilly Scandal

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html?_r=0

Update New York Times and other outlets has conformed that Fox News has removed Bill O'Reilly

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/19/fox-news-reportedly-decides-its-time-for-bill-oreilly-to-go.html

Network executives were preparing to announce Bill O'Reilly's departure from Fox amid sexual harassment complaints against the conservative talk-show host, New York Magazine reported Wednesday.

O'Reilly's exit could come before his scheduled return from an Italian vacation on Monday, the magazine said, citing unidentified sources who were briefed on these discussions. Indeed, later Wednesday, 21st Century Fox announced that O'Reilly was out at Fox News.

Fox executives held "emergency meetings" Wednesday morning to discuss how they can end their relationship with O'Reilly, a 21-year veteran of the network, without causing collateral damage, the sources told the magazine.

The board of Fox News' parent company, 21st Century Fox, was also reportedly scheduled to meet on Thursday to further discuss the matter, The New York Times reported.

The sources told New York Magazine that O'Reilly's "exit negotiations" moved swiftly.

The sources said Fox executives are leaning against allowing O'Reilly to have a good-bye show, with money left on the table being the main issue in negotiating a seamless deal. Management is also debating possible replacement hosts, picking from talent including Eric Bolling, Dana Perino and Tucker Carlson.

Fox did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Fox and O'Reilly have paid $13 million to five women who accused him of sexual harassment, according to the Times.

In the wake of complaints, O'Reilly has seen numerous companies pull their ads from his top-rated public affairs show this month.

"21st Century Fox investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters," the company said in a statement.

Well this moved a lot quicker than I expected. I imagine his huge fan base will be furious at Fox over this, and he'll reappear somewhere else when his non-compete runs out.

I think O'Reilly should have retired after the election I only had O'Reilly in the background in the final years thought it was same old same old. Bill will just write and sell books maybe no more interviews to promote his book because of the scandal just my opinion.

maybe no more interviews to promote his book because of the scandal just my opinion.

He says they're "unfounded claims." That sounds like a potential lawsuit to me.

But I agree that Bill and everyone else at Fox have lost their edge following the election.

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/article145900049.html

Apparently Bill O'Reilly has a greater chance at resolving his scandals. But if you were watching the Alex Jones child custody battle you start to believe that the O'Reilly scandal is mundane.

Alex Jones Child Custody battle is outright drama in the courtroom with more evidence that Alex Jones is crazy behind the camera as in front of the camera. Yes a Youtube talk show host has managed to create drama that's even more dysfunctional than even Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly could even put themselves into. Also as in other threads Alex Jones also does a radio edition of Infowars and there's no backlash because its a pay to play affiliate in some areas of the nation.

Tucker Carlson is taking Bill O'Reilly's 8pm slot. This will be the third different slot he's been in in the last year. He started at 7pm (replacing the fired Greta Van Susteren) then moved to 9pm (replacing the departed Megyn Kelly)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...n-hannity-sexual-harassment-article-1.3093058

Sean Hannity in a scandal

Former Fox News contributor Debbie Schlussel claims that host Sean Hannity sexually harassed her — an accusation that Hannity vehemently denies.

Schlussel, who has frequently written about Hannity on her personal blog, said on the Pat Campbell Podcast Friday that Hannity repeatedly invited her back to his hotel room during an event they were at together in Detroit. Schlussel did not say on the podcast when the event took place.

“He had some event at a bookstore where he signed his book for people standing in line. He asked me to come meet him at this book signing,” Schlussel said on the podcast.

“So I met him there and it was very awkward. He had me stand up there with him while he signed books and I felt very weird. These people don’t know me and they didn’t come for me to sign their books. So then I left to get ready for the show and he said, ‘Why don’t you come back with me to my hotel?’ and I said no, I have to get ready for the show.”

Schlussel, who describes herself as a “conservative political commentator, radio talk show host, columnist and attorney” on her personal website, also said Hannity and then-executive producer Bill Shine, who now serves as co-president of Fox News, “head-faked” her.

“Sean came up to me and said we’re gonna double-team, which was a weird phrase to use, this Palestinian guy that I was up against on the show,” Schlussel said.

“And then every time I tried to open my mouth and say something, they yelled at me and said, 'obey your host, you can’t say anything or else we’re gonna shut off your microphone.'”

After the show, Schlussel claims Hannity invited her back to his hotel room again. She says she declined once again.

I think it will be not until 2018 until Bill O'Reilly could go anywhere maybe his BFF Glenn Beck will offer him a job at the Blaze selling those end of the world kits LOL since that is what Beck claims is going to happen every year it seems. Since I'm sure he has a no complete in his contract and when he got O'Reilly was agree on something that he can't go to any rival network for at least a year just my opinion.

I know it's not as glamorous as TV, and it probably doesn't pay as well, but Bill could easily return to daily radio the minute he wanted to.

Truthfully, in the internet world, Bill can do anything Glenn can do. In fact, at BillOReilly.com, it's like he never left:

"Welcome to the No Spin News on BillOReilly.com, a completely different experience than what you’ve had in the past. And everybody is listening this week, or can listen Monday through Thursday."

Last edited:
I know it's not as glamorous as TV, and it probably doesn't pay as well, but Bill could easily return to daily radio the minute he wanted to.

Truthfully, in the internet world, Bill can do anything Glenn can do. In fact, at BillOReilly.com, it's like he never left:

"Welcome to the No Spin News on BillOReilly.com, a completely different experience than what you’ve had in the past. And everybody is listening this week, or can listen Monday through Thursday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-conservative-media-outlets-article-1.3158226

Update Bill O'Reilly has been approached by other right wing outlets including Sinclair for a deal to have his talk show on their platforms. Note the rehash of Fox News Scandals are included here for this article now that Sinclair is one of the rumored outlets getting O'Reilly.

Although he has been widely depicted as a domestic abuser and serial sex harasser, Bill O’Reilly remains a hot TV property.

Conservative media outlets are circling the former Fox News Channel ratings king in the hope of creating a potent competitor to Fox News Channel.

“Bill O’Reilly has been nothing short of a powerhouse in cable news. We have received thousands of requests to add Mr. O’Reilly to our team,” Charles Herring, CEO of San Diego-based One America Network, told MediaBlast in an email.

He added: “I’m sure several national cable news networks have expressed strong interest in Mr. O’Reilly, and One America News is no exception, but we have no further comments at this time.”

Sources tell Mediablast that O’Reilly is also being pursued by executives at Sinclair, a huge right-leaning broadcaster.

Sinclair owns 170 TV stations, including Chicago’s superstation WGN, and struck a $3.9-million deal this month to buy Tribune media and its 42 stations.

The family that controls the company — four brothers: David, Robert, Frederick and J. Duncan Smith — are reportedly considering a plan to transform wide-reaching WGN into a conservative all-news network to compete with Fox.

A rep for O’Reilly did not return calls for comment. But O’Reilly has made no bones about his desire to keep his voice out there — and may also be mulling the launch of his own media outlet, much as Glenn Beck started The Blaze after he left Fox in 2011.

Fox forced O’Reilly out after The New York Times revealed that he and Fox News had paid $13 million to settle claims by five alleged abuse victims. The disclosure prompted more than half of his advertisers to bolt from “The O’Reilly Factor.”

O’Reilly has denied all the accusations leveled against him. A week after losing his job with a $25-million payoff, he addressed his exit on his podcast — a far-lower-profile platform.

http://wowway.net/news/read/categor...says_no_to_former_fox_host_bill_oreilly-tca-2

Sinclair apparently said no to hiring O'Reilly said the CEO on a quarterly earnings call.

This surprises me as I thought Sinclair might shift WGN to a news format, at least in Prime Time, once it completed the acquisition of Tribune. O'Reilly would be a logical choice to put in at 8PM. This could be a ploy to avoid any controversy until the merger is complete, or maybe Sinclair really isn't interested. If it's the latter, it looks like the No Spin Zone will remain in exile for quite a bit longer.

This could be a ploy to avoid any controversy until the merger is complete, or maybe Sinclair really isn't interested. If it's the latter, it looks like the No Spin Zone will remain in exile for quite a bit longer.

Both good reasons. The merger has been delayed by the FCC, and "me too" has accelerated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom