• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCBS-AM and WBBR traffic reports

I miss the bridge and tunnel updates on the 3's on 880, in particular the announcer's herald "the [sponsor's name] bridge and tunnel update!", right out of the blue. Did they get too cumbersome, being that another, fuller report would be coming in just 4 minutes?

I also miss the old traffic sounder on 1130.

JMO's

ixnay

880 to my knowledge never does a separate b&t update during its broadcast. they do traffic and weather together on the 8's and have for as long as i can remember. they are one of the last stations to have a traffic reporter in a chopper (tom kaminski, when the weather holds). now 1010 does a b&t segment during its traffic report, where the reporter will announce "checking the bridges and tunnels..." and then rattle off a bunch of tri-state crossings.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom