• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1570 WFRL Freeport

HawkeyeST

Frequent Participant
I live in Iowa, but I can get a fringe signal of Freeport's WFRL. I thought it was an oldies station, but the last time I tuned in, it sounded like old country songs... Did WFRL change formats or what?

WFRL dropped their longtime oldies format back in January and switched to Country.

WFRL Freeport - Real Country
WFPS Freeport - Modern Country
WQLF Lena - Classic Rock
WEKZ/W238CB Monroe - Real Country
WBGR-FM Monroe - Oldies
WWHG Evansville - Active Rock
WBEL South Beloit - Oldies
WGEZ/W270CW Beloit - Real Country

I heard that WBEL is now 'The Beat-- mostly '90s, totally awesome'. That said, how far does this new timetable go (I remember hearing 'Once Bitten, Twice Shy' from 1989)?

There seem to be a few 80's and a few 00's songs mixed in. They have two translators, 92.3 in Beloit and 98.9 in Janesville. 1380 is no longer mentioned other the legal ID.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom