Monster FM - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monster FM

The closest FM, "NewsMan" we last had, I believe, was J.D. Nelson. He was with Gary Bryan on Oldies 99.7 KFRC

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    Hi Michael,

After Bishop, were the mean streets of San Luis Obispo intimidating for you?
    Ha! Actually, it was kind of like going home. I was born in L.A. and lived there for the first nine and a half years of my life. We moved there to be with family (who'd been in Bishop since 1940) when my dad died. I knew Bishop---had been going there several times a year since birth---but it was a BIG culture shock to actually live there.

So going to San Luis Obispo eight and a half years after that---rolling green hills (I arrived in February), oak and palm trees, the beach a 15-minute drive away (either Avila Beach or Morro Bay)---was just plain wonderful.

I didn't stay long. A friend in Bishop called me six months later to tell me he had the construction permit for a new FM and asked if I'd like to (literally) help him build it. But I've often wondered, if I hadn't gotten that call, if I'd have ever left. It's a wonderful place. Although, with experience, I've found that I prefer Monterey-Carmel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345