WMEX?
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WMEX?

WMEX?

Does anybody hear about 1510 lately? Is it still on-air?

Quote Originally Posted by Former View Post
    Does anybody hear about 1510 lately? Is it still on-air?
    it was at 515 PM today when I got in my car and was assaulted by McScreeech

Here's a thought....
    Let's bring back Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg.....with Classic Gold Oldies!!
    Strange how things go full circle.....last I knew, WMEX was assigned to an FM in Rochester, NH!!!
    Guess I need to start scanning the FM dial more closely......!!

Managed to survive as a talker though nobody explained why the much touted Joe Ligotti show lasted a month.Renegade Radio morning show, Joe Shortsleeve, former Howie producer Sandy Shack then McScreech..and syndie shows like Savage.They rerun shows overnights and weekends.
    And they DO have solid gold oldies shows on weekends including Sat 3 to 9 pm
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 04-04-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldie919 View Post
    Here's a thought....
    Let's bring back Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg.....with Classic Gold Oldies!!
    Strange how things go full circle.....last I knew, WMEX was assigned to an FM in Rochester, NH!!!
    Guess I need to start scanning the FM dial more closely......!!
    Because apparently the FCC allows a full-power AM and a low-power FM (LPFM) in different cities to have the same call letters, there are now TWO different WMEX's on the air.

WMEX 1510 AM in Boston, and WMEX-LP 105.9 FM in Rochester, NH. The two stations are related in name only, there is no programming or ownership in common.

The GM/PD of WMEX-LP, Gary James, was one of the Program Directors of WMEX, Boston during part of the the period when it was back on the air as an Oldies station on 1150 AM from 1985-1989 (rather than on its previous and again now current frequency 1510).

WMEX-LPFM 105.9 plays Oldies of the late '50s, '60s to mid-'70s in tribute to the Top 40 era of WMEX, Boston with original (and recreated) WMEX jingles and occasional drop-ins recorded by Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg, plus some community service programming for the Rochester, NH region.

WMEX 1510 AM is the talk format we hear in Boston and also has Oldies shows Saturdays 3-9 PM.
    Last edited by Eli Polonsky; 04-04-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Yes, it's still on the air, I listen from 6am to 3pm - 3pm is when mcscreamer comes on the air, my ears bleed so I switch over to Howie, that is, until he starts stuttering/stammering and giving out the wrong call in number. "Sandy" Shack is very very good, no hyperbole,(kuhner) no hysteria,(kuhner) no stupid laughing(kuhner), no stupid antics(kuhner) AND "Sandy" is a lawyer so when she speaks about legal things she knows what she's talking about unlike......(kuhner).

tsk tsk tsk... don't be so hard on k000000nah... did you know... HE'S GOING NATIONAL!

McScreech was a re-run today, Sandy was re-runs last week. Something is going on.

I'm pretty sure Shortsleeve was live today though.

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post

Sandy was re-runs last week. Something is going on.
    Sandy was a re-run on Monday this week....a show from November 9th...the day after the election.

Did they finally run out of money to make payroll?

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post
    it was at 515 PM today when I got in my car and was assaulted by McScreeech
    THis kid does a wicked Michele with one 'L' impression. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C-hKp-xciM
    --

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast