• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

What's the On Line Trading Academy? Is that the thing John Boyle (formerly of the John and Jeff show fame in the early 2000's) I heard hawking a year or so ago?

I thought Bill Kelly owned all the air time on Sunday mornings? No?

Barbara, when you die and go to Hell, you do realize Lucifer is going to torture you by forcing you to listen to McPhee podcasts for all of eternity :p

Yes, that is correct, John from the John and Jeff show....1430 WKOX runs the On Line Trading Academy show on Saturdays and again Sunday mornings. I happened to flip RKO on and I swear it was the screaming banshee doing the show. I only caught the last couple of seconds but I recognized the horrendous accent and how she called herself a "math moron". BTW, I went to Catholic school, I already suffered "hell" at the hands of the nuns! :)

Michael, Michael, Michael....Billy owns the air time from noon to three every weekday, plus the nine to noon slot on Saturdays!

Idea--MEX should buy the troubled Motel 6 in Braintree (see Patriot Ledger etc) and with permission put an antenna up there. Motel 1510..We'll leave the tower lights on for you.

Idea--MEX should buy the troubled Motel 6 in Braintree (see Patriot Ledger etc) and with permission put an antenna up there. Motel 1510..We'll leave the tower lights on for you.

.....And give Tom Beaudette his pick of air shifts!!!:) Instead of "The End of the Road"......he could call it "The End of the Era"!!!
Quite a transition......form Homer, AK to Boston,MA........

OT - Listening to 1430am WKOX - Newsreader Joe Gomez pronounced Billerica as Bill Erica. LOL :D :D

That's what they get when they use news hubs. I believe the iHeart news hub for New England is in New York State either Albany or Rochester. Once on WTAG in Worcester, I heard the newsreader pronounce Barre as 'Bare'. :(

Woo-stah, Lay-chestah, Pee-biddy, Am-hurst, Whole-Yoke, Glah-stah.

Actually, to be a total purist about it (I am a UMass grad) in Western Mass. they do not pronounce the "H" in Amherst.
Immediately the locals would peg you as an Eastern Mass. type! :eek:)

Actually, to be a total purist about it (I am a UMass grad) in Western Mass. they do not pronounce the "H" in Amherst.
Immediately the locals would peg you as an Eastern Mass. type! :eek:)

I'll have to consult with my wife, she's the Mt. Holyoke grad ;)

Rhodyland (roe-die-land), the land of "NO SCHOOL! FAHSTAH-GLAHSTAH!"

Letʼs not forget “HAY-ver-hill”!

That's what they get when they use news hubs. I believe the iHeart news hub for New England is in New York State either Albany or Rochester. Once on WTAG in Worcester, I heard the newsreader pronounce Barre as 'Bare'. :(

Hold on, now; 'RKO uses Total Traffic Networks, which is part of iHeart, and you mean to tell me that Lori Grande, Andy Carbone, Evan Heidenrich (sp?), Mike King, and the rest of the news/traffic crew heard throughout 'RKO's broadcast day are in NY State? iHeart has a pretty strong presence in New England, and I believe they have a news/traffic hub either in Medford or Waltham. Can someone verify this, please?

Hold on, now; 'RKO uses Total Traffic Networks, which is part of iHeart, and you mean to tell me that Lori Grande, Andy Carbone, Evan Heidenrich (sp?), Mike King, and the rest of the news/traffic crew heard throughout 'RKO's broadcast day are in NY State? iHeart has a pretty strong presence in New England, and I believe they have a news/traffic hub either in Medford or Waltham. Can someone verify this, please?

Total Traffic and the rest of the Boston/NH IHrt news product are in the old KISS108 building at Wellington Station.... not to be confused with 10 Cabot Rd where the IHrt Boston cluster is.

Have you noticed that Lori is no longer on WBZ AM doing traffic as of 4/1 when CBS went to a new provider?

Lori, when she was on WKLB was not a Greater Media employee, but leased from IHrt/CCME.

Some of the IHrt people did jump ship to the new company, IIRC Rob Hackala is still doing traffic in some capacity ( in addition to his morning drive duties at WATD FM) Kristen Eck is still on 1030, and a couple of others.

It's now been about a month since anyone has been able to hear the news read by an illiterate guy while being teased by a couple of chuckleheads and whoob oob oob oob bahh noises were played at random.

Then WTAG is not using the local news hub because no one who is mentioned in the previous posts are on the station except for Andy Carbone doing traffic.

I'll listen today to the midday and afternoon news to give you their names so someone in the know can verify.

It's now been about a month since anyone has been able to hear the news read by an illiterate guy while being teased by a couple of chuckleheads and whoob oob oob oob bahh noises were played at random.

They can be heard on line. They rented their old Marina Bay studio. I listened the first day after WMEX shutdown, haven't listened since. Nothing changed, I was hoping they would some how improve over the weekend after WMEX went off air, LOL, too much to ask for I know.....I should add I >>think<< they can still be heard on line, who knows maybe some station snatched up such magnificent talent and they are now carrying on somewhere else!

I'm hoping "Sandy" Shack pops up somewhere, I did enjoy her show, she did a hell of a lot of show prep and came across as intelligent and articulate, unlike "certain" other hosts (koooona RKO)!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom