• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rift between Sandy Beach and Tom Bauerle?

jjmullinsjr

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I've noticed lately that whenever Sandy Beach does promos for WBEN's afternoon show, he never mentions Tom Bauerle's name--only David Bellavia's.

Does anyone know if there's a rift between the two?

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I've noticed lately that whenever Sandy Beach does promos for WBEN's afternoon show, he never mentions Tom Bauerle's name--only David Bellavia's.

Does anyone know if there's a rift between the two?

I've heard there has been some bad blood for quite some time. Word is that Bauerle gets irate when Beach makes fun of him.

IMHO, Beach could've been a lot more critical, as there is certainly a wealth of material to make fun of Bauerle over...and that's even before the backyard people/trees fiasco.

Tom has said that Sandy and he don't get along. He also seems to be bitter about moving to the afternoon shift and said that he wanted to stay on mornings. When I used to listen to him, Bauerle would make the occasional snide comment about having to work afternoons.

Bronx

Over the past few years, I thought I had noticed a few barbs from each toward the other, but I always assumed they were shtick, like Sandy has with Danny Neaverth. I guess they weren't.

You could work at an insurance agency, bank or car dealer, and you'd find employees that didn't get along. The only difference is, these guys have a transmitter and three hours to kill. There could be some people at WBFO who don't get along, but that station doesn't have any local talk shows where such an issue would surface.

You could work at an insurance agency, bank or car dealer, and you'd find employees that didn't get along. The only difference is, these guys have a transmitter and three hours to kill. There could be some people at WBFO who don't get along, but that station doesn't have any local talk shows where such an issue would surface.

All workplaces considered, Bauerle is one bizarre dude.

I've always loved the schtick between Sandy Beach and Dan Neaverth. Dan was the reason why I wanted to have a career in radio. His on-air persona made it sound like he was having fun.

Of course I was a colossal failure in radio and ended up working in television in a technical capacity, not on-air. So be it.

Bronx

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom