The Zoo ...............

Thread: The Zoo ...............

The Zoo ...............

Anyboby listening...sounds pretty good......https://vokalnow.com/stations/the-zoo

this thread belongs in the internet radio, don't care if the stream is based off of a famous radio station of DFW radio history

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_H_69_9 View Post
    this thread belongs in the internet radio, don't care if the stream is based off of a famous radio station of DFW radio history
    Well, it is a radio station that is a tribute to a Dallas station and would be targeted at Dallas residents or former ones. So it would seem nit-picky not to put it here.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_H_69_9 View Post
    No one said you had to read it right?
    LEGENDARY 80S INTERNET RADIO
    ***RETURNING IN 2017***

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Anyboby listening...sounds pretty good......https://vokalnow.com/stations/the-zoo
    Thanks! New to me! I am listening now.

On Carpenter Freeway.. is it coming from the old KRLD KAFM etc building?
    Alumnus 1970 - Elkins Institute of Radio Licensing and Broadcasting

I think so. Next to ch33 (if that's still there). Same building Jagger and Russ Martin used to broadcast from
    on LIVE105.3

From the article in Dallas Observer about The Zoo..

“ 'Right now radio stations are really compressed … because the consistency of the sound level is so ridged,' Gimarc says. “This is going to have a lot of breathing room, it’s going to sound more like vinyl. The station is going to end up sounding different and people might not be able to put their finger on it.' ”

I noticed right away the sound was far better, clear, no volume up-down compression. I was looking around to find the bit rate they are sending out. Anyway, George it sounds GREAT! Don't change it!
    Alumnus 1970 - Elkins Institute of Radio Licensing and Broadcasting