• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KYW/CBS Traffic

Any word on who is going to be handling traffic duties at KYW when the provider switch from Total Traffic to Radiate happens tomorrow? Sam Clover, Pat Winters, etc. moving over?

I see Bill Zimpfer is no longer on WOGL so apparently hiring the iHeart talent in-house did not extend to everyone on the contract with CBS. That’s a loss.

I miss Pat Winters. I can't stand the new gal who does the midday reports. I also miss Randy Chappigan (mainly because I like the name).

Is Mellany Armstrong looking for work *again* because of all this?

ixnay

I miss Pat Winters. I can't stand the new gal who does the midday reports. I also miss Randy Chappigan (mainly because I like the name).

Is Mellany Armstrong looking for work *again* because of all this?

ixnay

I'm not sure if it was selective hiring by CBS, or contract issues, but only Sam Clover and Stevie Reece moved over from Total Traffic. Although Stevie did traffic for CBS owned WXTU as well, correct?

Not a fan of Justin Drabick's traffic reports. So many filler words it's hard to get a grasp at what he's talking about so he runs out of time to get through even all the major highways. Doesn't seem to know where everything is either. For example, the other day he suggested using Route 55 as an alternate to avoid an accident at 47 near 83 in Rio Grande. Problem is, 55 was never finished so it doesn't go anywhere near Rio Grande!

Randy Chepigan was the best for afternoon drive. Got all the majors down within a minute or so in quick enough speed but you could still understand everything he said. You could tell he'd been doing it for a long time too, which he had.

I'm not sure if it was selective hiring by CBS, or contract issues, but only Sam Clover and Stevie Reece moved over from Total Traffic. Although Stevie did traffic for CBS owned WXTU as well, correct?
I also recognized Troy Morris, who does weekend evenings. He worked at TTN back in the 2000s, and more recently at the defunct Tango Traffic.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom