• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Could another writers strike be imminent?

Isn't a writers strike just before the summer rerun season the wrong time of the year? I realize that it impacts the Fall new season but the majority of people will just find other things to do (like go outside and actually talk to their neighbors) and will not be affected at all. Fall sports will begin in several months and no writers needed for that. Seems to me they are pulling the plug a bit early.

Only thing the Writer Strike hurts would be late talk shows that would be only thing that it effects for now. When the strike would hurt be mid July when fall season begins Sep & Oct I hope that there will be extended talks between the studios & writers I tend to believe that a deal will get done it will just take time and I hope there will be no strike.

The strike would affect summer taping. Most non-live shows tape their episodes months in advance. If the strike goes on too long we'll be seeing reality TV heaven on the major networks for a while.

Only thing the Writer Strike hurts would be late talk shows that would be only thing that it effects for now. When the strike would hurt be mid July when fall season begins Sep & Oct I hope that there will be extended talks between the studios & writers I tend to believe that a deal will get done it will just take time and I hope there will be no strike.

Some shows that film in the summer would be affected. We'd likely see a shorter season of Walking Dead (depending on how long the strike lasts. And as others have pointed out, if it goes into July (should one happen) we could see a delay in the start of the fall TV season. It really depends on how many scripts are written before the strike happens.

Writers and Producers Tentatively Agree on Accord – Strike Averted! ;)

“After a day of twists and turns, Hollywood has dodged a bullet,” reports Deadline.com in a piece posted at 1:15 a.m., Pacific time.

The story, by veteran Hollywood labor reporter David Robb and Dominic Patten, continues, “A threatened writers strike was averted early this morning when the [Writers Guild of America] and management’s [Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers] reached a tentative agreement on a new three-year film and TV contract.”

The piece adds, “Details are still sketchy, but the agreement is expected to save the WGA’s ailing health plan and provide more money and protections for writers of short-order TV shows. The deal now goes to the WGA West’s board and the WGA East’s council for approval, and then to the guilds’ members for ratification.”

https://www.tvweek.com/tvbizwire/20...s-tentatively-agree-on-accord-strike-averted/

Don't get why they don't go for a longer contract than 3 years why don't they make 6 or 7 years. Glad that there will be no writers strike as I thought a deal was going to get done.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom