• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BSI Simian 2.2.2 isn't recognizing segue tones

Maria Ninguem

New Participating Member
Have no trouble with Simian 2.2.2 on one computer-- set up another one, mimicked settings, and even though "segue" is checked on both machines, the program is not acting on the secondary tones (placed individually through InfoEdit) on the second PC. Other than "segue" under hardware options, I c'at find anything else in the settings that might be related to it. Using Windows 7 on both machines. Not sure if it's a Windoze issue. Thanks for any insight you might have.

How is your output set up, compared to the new computer? I haven't seen Simian segue through a computer's internal sound processor, just through sound cards capable of managing multiple streams. Those have to be identified in Simian's hardware options.

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm using an ASI6520--- but your tip caused me to look at settings again (both on the card and in hardware options) and I saw the problem. Fixed it and all was well on the primary computer. Backup is still not acting on the segue tones-- but I forced it through spyglass. (Not the most elegant solution, but it works.) However I've fooled around so much with Simian (varying versions) and Sound Hound (building, deleting, etc) that now the sound is burping (there's probably a better way to describe it, but that's as close as I can get). I've thrown out the audio.mdb file hoping it would help. Nada. I'm probably just gonna reformat the C drive --audio plays fine through other non Simian sources, including InfoEditor-- so I figure Sound Hound is out chasing after a bone. Or something. Quicker to reformat than solve on that one. Really appreciate your input.

This is throwing spaghetti at the wall, but...

Check the ASI drivers in your "broke" computer. Some of my clients have had problems when upgrading the operating system. In all cases I'm aware of, they've found a driver that works... just maybe not the one that seemed most obvious.

All's well. Reformatted the drive. Installed Simian 2.2.1 and every audio problem went away. Just glad I found an .exe file for it, since Simian doesn't make it available. Thanks again for the tips.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom