• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBMX: Acoustic Sunrise is 20 years old today.

"Grab a cup of coffee...and the Sunday paper." Must have been written in 1997. Digital is one area where the merger with Entercom will benefit CBS.

CBS Local is such an awful website design forced upon each station. Something that should take one click takes three, along with a pop-up window. And then there is the URL for 98.5, which is so convoluted nobody bothers to remember it.

I listen whenever I can on WDOK/Cleveland. My only issue with it is they don't save episodes for later listening when I can't listen that day.

WUMB's Sunday morning acoustic folk-ish show has also been called "Acoustic Sunrise" for perhaps as long, or longer.

I know that the late Bob Cannon, who I think was the original host, was doing it as far back as twenty years ago.

Yes it did. They replaced it with Lisa Garvey doing a similar show to what she did on WXRV (now hosted by Dana Marshall) and then Jackie Brush took over with a jazz influenced show. I don't think either show really meshed well with the sound of WUMB the rest of the week.

And IMHO, I'm thinking that neither show drew many contributions during fund drives. If you draw in money during fund drives, you'll usually stay on the air. :)

In terms of originality and exclusivity, “Acoustic Sunrise” is just another “70s at 7” or “Top 10 at 10”. :rolleyes:

I'm surprized when announcing their 20 year anniversary that they didn't mention the shows original name "Unplugged"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom