WBMX: Acoustic Sunrise is 20 years old today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBMX: Acoustic Sunrise is 20 years old today.

WBMX: Acoustic Sunrise is 20 years old today.

Longtime on air.
    Good work.
    Keep unplugging away !

WBMX needs to update their webpage though.

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post
    Longtime on air.
    Good work.
    Keep unplugging away !

WBMX needs to update their webpage though.
    Could you be more specific? The website is updated 24/7.

I thought it was so obvious even a Radio professional could figure it out, but ....
    Now in its 17th year on Mix, Acoustic Sunrise blends together “Live From The MIX Lounge” tracks, acoustic and unplugged cuts that can’t be heard anywhere else.
    http://mix1041.cbslocal.com/show/acoustic-sunrise/

"Grab a cup of coffee...and the Sunday paper." Must have been written in 1997. Digital is one area where the merger with Entercom will benefit CBS.

CBS Local is such an awful website design forced upon each station. Something that should take one click takes three, along with a pop-up window. And then there is the URL for 98.5, which is so convoluted nobody bothers to remember it.

I listen whenever I can on WDOK/Cleveland. My only issue with it is they don't save episodes for later listening when I can't listen that day.

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post
    I thought it was so obvious even a Radio professional could figure it out, but ....

http://mix1041.cbslocal.com/show/acoustic-sunrise/
    Calling me "a Radio professional", now that's comical.

WUMB's Sunday morning acoustic folk-ish show has also been called "Acoustic Sunrise" for perhaps as long, or longer.

I know that the late Bob Cannon, who I think was the original host, was doing it as far back as twenty years ago.

Although I think that WUMB's show was off the air for a while.

Yes it did. They replaced it with Lisa Garvey doing a similar show to what she did on WXRV (now hosted by Dana Marshall) and then Jackie Brush took over with a jazz influenced show. I don't think either show really meshed well with the sound of WUMB the rest of the week.

And IMHO, I'm thinking that neither show drew many contributions during fund drives. If you draw in money during fund drives, you'll usually stay on the air.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast