• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Asking for a Little Help

Okay, here's my idea for going forward.....

Let's continue FOTW, but start at 550 and cover the entire AM band, ending at 1700...EXCEPT for the "1-B clears", which we just finished. So when we get to 670, we'll skip to 700., etc. Effectively, we'll mostly switch from "regional" channels back and forth to the (former) "1-A" channels, until we eventually get to the "graveyards", and finally finish with the X-band.

Also....instead of "Daytime" and "Nightime", let's add an optional "Retro" category, so we can discuss the changing nature of the band on channels wherever and whenevef applicable.

I also liked the idea of "Monday morning" to talk about DX "back in the day", particularly between midnight and dawn, when many stations used to go off the air for maintenance, thus opening up DX opportunities. I'll launch a thread for this within the next few days, unless someone else wants to beat me to it and/or add another wrinkle.

Speaking of "beating me to it" and "add your own wrinkle".... I'll launch our next FOTW thread next weekend with 550. Normally, I'll try to launch these on Sundays, but I may be a day early or a day late, depending on how "real life" intervenes. Again, if someone doesn't want to wait for me to launch a week's thread, go ahead, jump in and launch it for yourself. Fine with me. Same goes if anyone has any ideas for a tweak or two before we get started.

So....unless there are any objections, I'll proceed as indicated above.

....."73s", Jack

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom