• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

coming soon to a station near you

jammerdave

Leading Participant
93.7 The River

With…
The Dog and Joe in the morning.
Monica Lowe mid-day.
Derek Moore, Afternoon.
Nikki Sixx, nights

Details coming soon…

Will it get people to listen to the new format

Will Dog & Joe help it in the Ratings in the long run?

We shall see

My guess is The River will aim right between KSEG and KRXQ, music wise. Sort of like "The Brew" but toned down a bit to appeal to KSEG listeners. Speaking of, will 107.1 continue with the rock format? Seems to have been testing out a rock format to move to one of the full market signals, like 93.7.

The Dog/Joe show should definately put a dent in KRXQ.

I'm glad they're going to be back on the air. Maybe this is why Dog left a while back....he got the gig and wanted some time off before starting. I'm hoping for an edgy AAA format. This market needs one. I've heard classic rock songs for decades and am tired of hearing the same thing over and over. 98 is too limited and repititious. I'll wager RAD and Pat will hold down the fort there personality and rating-wise, but no one else there is a compelling personality now

Long ago there was KZAP, The Eagle and 93 Rock fighting for
the Rock audience. The Point 100.5 was AAA for a few years.

What direction will The River flow?
An intelligent AAA niche format would be welcome...

Will Pat Martin currently on middays at Active Rocker KRQX while spouse (think Halls Windows!) Monica Lowe covers the midday slot on a similar format be cause for issue working at a crosstown competitor?

Should be interesting. The fact that iHeart could lure away 4 long-time Entercom personalities is significant. Obviously Curtiss Johnson is a big factor here.

I noticed iHeart Radio operates several other rock stations with "The River" brand. They all seem to have a fairly wide playlist, 70s thru 00's, nothing too hard. Essentially a rock-oriented Jack FM. This would be a smooth transition for 93.7. Retain a good portion of the Jack listeners, gain the Dog/Joe fans from KRXQ, and chip away at KSEG with a wider variety of rock.

Sounds like the new format and hosts will debut on Monday April 3rd.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom