• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KWDR/K272ED 102.3 Kennewick observations

crainbebo

Walk of Fame Participant
Today I was close to the Tri-Cities so I gave Smooth Jazz 102.3 a try. First of all, KWDR-93.5 has completely flipped over to Spanish Religion, their original format. The 102.3 is still on with a 34 watt signal on top of Badger Mountain I believe.
Firstly, they are not BA/SJN anymore. Whatsoever. There are prerecorded bumpers from Kenny G, Miranda Wilson, etc. Their music selection has turned from the same ole' same ole' to a selection similar to The Oasis in Albuquerque! I heard about 3/4th SJ and 1/4 vocals. Incognito's "A Shade of Blue" was a real surprise, along with an Aretha Franklin cover of "A House is Not a Home" by Luther Vandross. Classic Najee ("Day by Day"), an old Acoustic Alchemy cut ("Missing Your Touch") and even Dave Koz's "After Dark", all in the time I listened today. Jacobs Radio should pat themselves on the back for their progress to 102.3 Kennewick! I wonder if they learned something from the old JRN network, or if someone there listened to KOAZ's stream often. I will be putting this on my presets whenever I go back to the Tri-Cities region.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom