• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hey IHeart and KDGE

jefffwd

Regular Participant
Why doesn't iHeart create an HD-2 station for KDGE like they did WDCG in Raleigh-Durham? They are pulling a 2.5 for an HD station! Is anyone actually running iHeart/ClearChannel? If so they are hell bent on running it into the ground. Perhaps it will become an HD-2 after April 1 (Edgefest via the horrible KEGL?) Thank God for Sirius XM's Lithium... WDCG HD-2 >>> https://www.iheart.com/live/95x-6140/?autoplay=true&pname=15092&campid=header&cid=index.html

Why doesn't iHeart create an HD-2 station for KDGE like they did WDCG in Raleigh-Durham?[/url]

Probably because they do not have a "really good" translator on FM for KDGE. Nearly all if not all of the HD-2 you refer to comes from its FM translator.

Didn't KEGL always beat KDGE in the ratings though? The Edge was killed for very good reasons, it was awful.

No. KEGL tanked as "Sunny", and fared just as badly with "La Preciosa". During this period, KDGE beat KEGL. Whether or not "The Edge" ever beat "The Eagle" in the ratings, that answer is yes. Couple of occasions, actually.

No. KEGL tanked as "Sunny", and fared just as badly with "La Preciosa". During this period, KDGE beat KEGL. Whether or not "The Edge" ever beat "The Eagle" in the ratings, that answer is yes. Couple of occasions, actually.

I meant after The Eagle returned, looking at the ratings before the format flip KEGL was well ahead of KDGE (in the beauty pageant ratings).
OCT 2016 KEGL 3.1 / KDGE 2.2 ; NOV 2016 KEGL 2.9 / KDGE 2.1 ; DEC 2016 KEGL 3.8 / KDGE (XMAS) 3.3 ; JAN 2016 KEGL 3.9 / KDGE (AC) 2.8

In Fact, in recent years I do not remember KDGE ever getting much higher than 2.5 in the useless 12+ ratings. The Edge was getting beaten by NPR of all stations.

Last edited:
I meant after The Eagle returned, looking at the ratings before the format flip KEGL was well ahead of KDGE (in the beauty pageant ratings).
OCT 2016 KEGL 3.1 / KDGE 2.2 ; NOV 2016 KEGL 2.9 / KDGE 2.1 ; DEC 2016 KEGL 3.8 / KDGE (XMAS) 3.3 ; JAN 2016 KEGL 3.9 / KDGE (AC) 2.8

In Fact, in recent years I do not remember KDGE ever getting much higher than 2.5 in the useless 12+ ratings. The Edge was getting beaten by NPR of all stations.

i think most of the reason why The Eagle is more successful then the Edge since the Eagle was resurrected almost 10 years ago is because of Russ Martin and his partners in crime Dan O'Malley, Clo Rayburn and Alfie Coy aka the crew at The Russ Martin Show. i'm sure Russ is solely the reason why The Eagle is still alive and The Edge died. whether you love him or hate him, he does bring in some major ratings for his 3-7 slot (which always starts and ends late, with it starting between 3:05 PM to 3:20 PM and ending somewhere between 7:05 PM to 7:25 PM most of the time where sometimes he even ends at almost 7:45 PM, in fact it was a huge issue with the show that followed for several years the Six Sense until it moved to either iHeart.com webstream or Lone Star 92.5 either earlier this year or shortly after they killed The Edge and move some of it's music to The Eagle).

As "La Preciosa" the station reached overall #1 in the market, and stayed there a while. Only when Univision brought in its original version of the format and installed it on KLNO did "La Preciosa" die; Preciosa reacted by expanding its playlist and was severely beaten to the point of a format change.

Ever since The Edge flipped, KXT has sounded more alternative than before. I'd rather listen to KXT than the Edge since they know more alternative/indie bands than the same Twenty One Pilots and Green Day song over and over.

I'm surprised at this point CBS or Cumulus hasn't flipped one of their stations to alternative yet.

I'm surprised at this point CBS or Cumulus hasn't flipped one of their stations to alternative yet.

The audience tends to be overwhelmingly male, and resistant to traditional advertising.

iHeart uses the format with its annual awards and online content. Cumulus has no real online strategy as of yet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom