• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: February 2017

The period covered February 2 - March 1 2017

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb007

http://www.allaccess.com/nielsen/q/market/89/philadelphia-pa

The March ratings (March 2 - March 29) will be released on 4/18/17 . Any thoughts and will we see possible programming and talent changes with any of the Philly radio stations?

Nothing really surprising.

WMGK slid back to their average 6+ rating after a good January.
Q102 bounces up a touch with AMP's flip away.
1210 WPHT- Highest ratings in recent times during a very political time.

Only stations that "worry" me at the moment are Boom 103.9 and Mix 106. Boom just can't seem to find footing on any frequency, and Mix may be hurting with 96.5 going AC. Of course it's too early to see if Mix is REALLY hurting from the AC battle in Philly. And of course, all of these are vanity 6+ numbers. If the stations are billing decently, then there may be nothing to worry about.

Exactly, umfan. WPHT is doing even better than I thought they would. Good for them! WRFF 104.5 is continuing to grow, as I figured they would. Up to a solid 4.3 from their measly 2.7 during the holiday season. WRFF, as I have spoke about on here before, is becoming a staple to college kids my age, just as WFIL was a pop staple to the Philly youth years ago.

WDAS-AM 1480 makes a surprise appearance on here with....0.2. How on earth are they still on air!

Could it possibly be the audience is coming from 106.1 HD2. It would be nice to have them flip to something like 1260 in LA just did, Surf (classic oldies) radio. Could WMID lease one of the Philly subs to rebroadcast their oldies format, I don't know if that would be legal or not.

Exactly, umfan. WPHT is doing even better than I thought they would. Good for them! WRFF 104.5 is continuing to grow, as I figured they would. Up to a solid 4.3 from their measly 2.7 during the holiday season. WRFF, as I have spoke about on here before, is becoming a staple to college kids my age, just as WFIL was a pop staple to the Philly youth years ago.

WDAS-AM 1480 makes a surprise appearance on here with....0.2. How on earth are they still on air!

They are on WISX-HD2, but I doubt that makes a blip on the radar.

Didn't WDAS-AM have an FM translator on the way? There's 104.1 in Trenton that's supposedly simulcasting WDAS-AM. Is there any plan to move that closer to Philly (presumably on a different frequency?)

WRFF has to be bringing in big bucks, no matter whenever I tune them in there is a six minute commercial block and they run on a shoestring budget. So I doubt they will ever flip, in fact they would be the last station in I hearts cluster that would do anything.

WRFF has to be bringing in big bucks, no matter whenever I tune them in there is a six minute commercial block and they run on a shoestring budget. So I doubt they will ever flip, in fact they would be the last station in I hearts cluster that would do anything.

According to DavidEduardo, WRFF is iHeart's lowest biller. Alternative is notoriously hard to monetize, unless you're one of the legends (KROQ, Live 105 etc.) They make enough to keep on running, but they're definitely not printing MAD money.

I'm reminded that there was a thread here a couple months ago predicting the demise of WRFF, because the playlist was too small and repetitive. Where are those folks now that it's a Top 10 station with it's best book in a while.

If they are such a low biller then why the heavy commercial load, why would anyone want to advertise on a station that apparently is not advertiser friendly, doesn't make any sense, unless they're giving the commercials away for nothing.

Then it must be 1480's on-line listeners, believe me I am 5 miles from their X-mtr and I can just about grab them, and at night, forget it.

Then it must be 1480's on-line listeners, believe me I am 5 miles from their X-mtr and I can just about grab them, and at night, forget it.

Online, unless a true 100% simulcast, is listed separately in the ratings. In major markets where there is a lot of AFTRA talent on commercials, very few stations 100% duplicate their on-air audio on the stream.

If they are such a low biller then why the heavy commercial load...

Low rates that match advertiser demand, combined with combo selling that "forces" the station on a buy.

why would anyone want to advertise on a station that apparently is not advertiser friendly, doesn't make any sense,

It is not that the station is not advertiser friendly; it just is not a well liked format by media buyers.

unless they're giving the commercials away for nothing.

Correct.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom