• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tomi Lahren’s Talk show on the Blaze removed for one week

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...her-abortion-comments/?utm_term=.0e49e42ce95e

Apparently the pro-Choice rant didn’t fit the Blaze’s standards. Umm?

She also retweeted a link to a Daily Caller article that reported, citing anonymous sources, that her show would be suspended, starting Monday, for at least one week.

“No one hunts small deer,” she tweeted, “this too shall pass.”

[‘I’m pro-choice,’ says Tomi Lahren: ‘Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body’]

Beck addressed Lahren’s abortion comments on his radio show Monday morning, criticizing her explanation that her position was supported by the Constitution.

The preamble to the Constitution, Beck explained, speaks of securing “‘the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.’ … Well, who are our posterity, if not our unborn children and grandchildren and great grandchildren?” he said.

He clarified that it did not matter to him whether Lahren supported abortion rights. When the Blaze first launched, a show called “Real News” was hosted by Amy Holmes, who supported abortion rights. “So if you’re pro-choice, you can have a job at the Blaze,” Beck said. “I try to hire people who have a different opinion because I believe in being intellectually rigorous.”
He did not comment on her future at the outlet, saying it would be inappropriate to discuss the topic on the radio. But, he said, “the ideas are what are important. And if you cannot defend the idea, no matter which side you’re on, if you can’t defend the idea, that leads to the second part of the discussion. Which is the people calling for Tomi to be fired.”

Dana Loesch, a host on the Blaze and national spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association, also criticized Lahren’s comments in an interview with Beck. “Conserving the individual is the basis of conservatism. It is classical de Tocqueville liberalism. And if anybody knows anything about politics 101, if they know this, this should not be a surprise to them.”

Meanwhile, some of the hosts of “The View” defended her on Monday. Whoopi Goldberg, who was absent when Lahren was on the show, said “Do you have to be on the same side of every single issue of your political party? Aren’t you allowed to evolve and grow?”

“Maybe what we need to do is stay away from all these labels.” Sunny Hostin said. “They’ve been so terrible to her, and I think that’s one of the problems with conservatism. There’s so many faces to it.”

Tomi is fired she should sue Glenn Beck & The Blaze for firing her for no good reason so what she is Pro-Choice although Tomi isn't going to be out of a job for long as I think she is going to go to Fox News. Tomi wasn't going to resign with The Blaze or the end of the world of Glenn Beck empire so maybe that is why they fired her because they knew she was out the door.

she's pretty much the new younger and hotter version of Ann Coulter, a hated figure in these Newstainment talk shows.

She doesn't have 1/10 the intellect of Coulter.

Mislead your employer and bad things can happen.

Like Michelle Fields, she'll likely end up effectively jobless. I guess Fields is technically on the staff at Huffington Post, but she hasn't had anything published there since last November and isn't likely drawing a salary. Probably being paid by article published.

Tomi is fired she should sue Glenn Beck & The Blaze for firing her for no good reason so what she is Pro-Choice although Tomi isn't going to be out of a job for long as I think she is going to go to Fox News. Tomi wasn't going to resign with The Blaze or the end of the world of Glenn Beck empire so maybe that is why they fired her because they knew she was out the door.

https://heatst.com/politics/tomi-lahren-sues-condescending-glenn-beck-slams-him-for-belittling-her/

Well Apparently Tomi Lahren is suing Glenn Beck's The Blaze over issues at the workplace. Wow Lets wait and see what else Tomi Lahren got on Glenn Beck in court and we will see if theres a Roger Ailes type issue at the Blaze too.

Tomi Lahren, the outspoken conservative commentator who caused chaos at The Blaze after telling the ladies on The View she was pro-choice, has filed suit against Glenn Beck and his media company, claiming she was wrongfully terminated.

Lahren, 24, filed her suit Friday in Irving, Texas, where The Blaze studios are headquartered. The South Dakota native claims that Beck and the network tossed her and cancelled her show after finding out she supported abortion rights.

Speaking to CNN, Lahren’s lawyer said his client was “disappointed” that she was forced to pursue litigation. “The fact of the matter is that she was wrongfully terminated. The contract simply doesn’t allow The Blaze to terminate her for expressing her personal opinion on the salient issue of abortion,” he told reporters.

Lahren, a University of Nevada-Las Vegas graduate, made no comment to the media. Instead, she took to Twitter.

After her appearance on The View, Lahren was suspended by Beck for a week. She says, however, that executives from the network told her not to expect to return. She was “terminated” and “would have no more shows.” After that, the suit claims, Lahren was told to “remain silent” on social media and locked out of her Facebook page, where she has several million followers.

“To add insult to injury, at [The Blaze‘s] place of business, in Irving, Texas, employees stretched yellow caution tape spelling an ‘X’ on Plaintiff’s office/dressing room door,” the filing says.

Lahren also claims that Beck engaged in what she considers a “public smear campaign,” taking her to task for her often conflicting political views, and her lack of education on the issues.

Tomi Lahren and Glenn Beck in happier times.
Furthermore, she accuses Beck of “unlawful animus and a specific intent to inflate Beck’s profile, from what has become a mediocre following, all at Plaintiff’s expense.”

Lahren’s lawsuit goes on to decry how Beck treated her: “It is not secret … that Beck is known for belittling, berating and acting in a condescending and heavy-handed way and his treatment of Plaintiff, in particular, is a case in point.”

Beck and The Blaze say Lahren has no cause to believe she’s been wrongfully terminated – or, really, terminated at all. They claimed in a statement late Friday that Lahren is still receiving payments on a contract, and cashing her paycheck. Lahren acknowledges that she’s being paid, but says that The Blaze is just fulfilling the terms of her contract while she looks for other work.

Lahren’s contract was appended to her lawsuit, and is a generous one for a 24 year old neophyte. It promises her a staff of at least three people to produce her show, hair and makeup services, a wardrobe allowance and business class air travel.

Sources close to Beck’s network say there’s no way Lahren was fired simply for changing her mind on abortion rights. Those sources tell Heat Street that Lahren was difficult to work with, allegedly prone to angry outbursts at staff and crew, and that the network had simply had enough.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...k-the-blaze-countersue-tomi-lahren/100575860/

Update on the Glenn Beck lawsuit.

The battle between Tomi Lahren and Glenn Beck continues.

Beck and his company, The Blaze, filed Monday a counterclaim in response to a lawsuit from Lahren earlier this month. Lahren's suit alleged that she had been fired for her pro-choice stances.

But in the countersuit, Beck and The Blaze contend that Lahren is still an employee, a statement the company first made after Lahren filed suit. Lahren's contract with the company ends in September

"In reality, her employment agreement with TheBlaze remains in full force and effect, she continues to be employed (and paid) by TheBlaze, and she has access to her social media accounts, as well as a Facebook page TheBlaze created and maintains," the counterclaim, which was filed in the Dallas County District Court, alleged.

Beck and his company requested a temporary restraining order and a temporary injunction.

Lahren sued for wrongful termination on April 7. In her suit, she alleged that she had been fired after making an appearance on The View, during which she expressed pro-choice views.

"I can sit here and say that, as a Republican and I can say, you know what, I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well," she said at the time.

Lahren's rocky relationship with The Blaze predated that appearance by more than a year, the countersuit alleged. Those issues were why the company had decided not to extend its contract Lahren.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom