• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJAY 1430 now also on 98.1, K251CA

A nice write-up today in a Sacramento-area business newspaper about KJAY. It sounds like a profitable, albeit shoestring operation focusing on the Hmong community.

The story notes...

"Unlike commercial stations such as KRXQ 98.5 FM, which pumps out 50,000 watts and can be heard deep into the Central Valley on a clear day, KJAY primarily broadcasts on AM 1430 at 500 watts and simulcasts on 98.1 FM at 250 watts. The station has been on the AM frequency as long as the family has owned it..."

The full story (long) with great photos is here. It's a throwback:

I enjoy the oldies programming at night. It is quite an eclectic mix and I have never heard a commercial. I get 98.1 in Elk Grove through the use of a rooftop tv antenna. There is no way that their 20 watts AM night time signal can be heard here.

She is absolutely doing a fine job of operating these stations. I listen to their streaming of the oldies every night. Great music selection that has become much more enjoyable in the last few months. Again way to go Tiffany.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom