• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Meaning of dreams

Does any one of a website where it can tell you what a dream might mean?

Back in the day I used to like listening to the Dream Doctor show on the Jones Radio Network (WTIC 1080 was the local affiliate) until it ended because after the host got sick.

I also read a few times a book about dreams written by the late Psychic Silvia Browne whom used to appear on the Montel Williams Show.

I will also post three here to see what people think about them.

1. This one I have quite often. I'm sitting in the driver's seat of a car and it's moving backwards and no matter what I do, I can't get the car to stop. Pushing on the break pedal won't stop the car. Pulling the lever for the parking break won't stop it. The car will only stop if it goes backwards into a curb.

2. This one really freaks me out. This part actually happened. A Sunday night a few weeks ago my friend Duck picks me up in his SUV - a GMC Terrain. His younger brother Baby Duck is there too. We go to Denny's. Not the one down the street from me, but the one in Waterbury. We eat and then we go back to Duck's house and hangout for a few hours. Then he brings me home. No big deal.

So Monday night is when the dream happened. In the dream I get a text from Duck telling me that he's filling in at the Wolcott Street Stop & Shop in Waterbury and he's getting out at 4:30PM and he asks me if I want to meet him at the Waterbury Denny's. I text him back that as it happens I'm visiting a friend up the street in Wolcott and I tell him I will meet him at Denny's. So I arrive at Denny's. I'm seated at a booth. It's about 4:25 PM. I'm feeling kind of tired so I take off my glasses and put my head on the table for a minute. Then I sit up, put my glasses on and see a group of cops storm into the restaurant. They attempt to put the handcuffs on a guy across the aisle and a few booths up from me. He takes out a gun and starts shooting. Everyone begins screaming and running. - *Dream Ends and I wake up.*

3. Last week was an odd one. In the dream I'm driving Duck's GMC Terrain. I'm picking up a bunch of my friends at the Pine Street Stop & Shop where I used to work. It's Duck, Baby Duck, Nick, Joey, Victoria, and Tim. I'm driving us to Baltimore, Maryland. I don't know why. I don't think a GMC Terrain can legally hold six people plus the driver LOL. Anyway the dream ended when I saw a sign on the highway that said "Inner Harbor Baltimore/Camden Yards Next Exit."

I'm not any type of medical professional Marc, but I think you're still coming to terms with having been let go from Stop & Shop. Have you found another job yet? I think these dreams will subside both in time and when you do get another job, if you haven't done so already.

Well, heck, I'm no mystic, but here goes:

You were driving in all three, which puts you in the driver's seat and on your life's road. You are the man.

Driving an out of control car in reverse until it hits the curb - setbacks in your goals? Do you need to curb something by using some self control?

Eyeglasses seem self explanatory. Dreaming that you are tired and removing your clarity of vision.... Back to the curb, police represent authority, rules, structure, power, control. Maybe some self-restraint, self control rather than shoot yourself in the foot because it might be more fun to get away with it. Oh my goodness what a struggle between discipline and maturing, between boundaries and the wild ride, between right and wrong!

Pretty crowded ride. You can see the stadium sign, so at least you know that you want to succeed and achieve. The party has to wait until after you win the game, kiddo.

Like I said, I am not mystic, and I sure don't believe in psychics, but your dreams seem to be all a part of the same dream with different presentations.

I've had dreams about being back in college, and I eventually went back and completed my bachelor's degree. So it might have reflected a desire to do that, and I still have dreams like that occasionally.

But I definitely wouldn't put any confidence in what psychics have to say. Some of them may have deluded themselves into thinking they have that power, although they actually don't, bit most are outright frauds.

I'm not any type of medical professional Marc, but I think you're still coming to terms with having been let go from Stop & Shop. Have you found another job yet? I think these dreams will subside both in time and when you do get another job, if you haven't done so already.

No luck yet in that department yet. *sigh* Up until I pulled a stupid stunt last week I was still friends with Duck, my former supervisor at Stop & Shop. (That's another story for another time).

No luck yet in that department yet. *sigh* Up until I pulled a stupid stunt last week I was still friends with Duck, my former supervisor at Stop & Shop. (That's another story for another time).

Too bad there's no Costco near your home. I'd look there! They're hiring!

Too bad there's no Costco near your home. I'd look there! They're hiring!

Before I started working at Stop & Shop in October 2015 they built a new Costco about 10 miles from me. When they announced they were hiring I did my online application and got no response from them. Just like now. A Michael's is being built in my town. They had job positing on INDEED in February. I applied and never heard from them.

Apply at Costco again. You now have retail experience to document. Use the Connecticut job service through the Unemployment Office as well.

I hope you can patch things up with Duck. That might be the reason for the dreams.

Also in person with the application all printed out to follow up. Don't you also work at Denny's?

By the way, Sylvia Brown proved herself to be...well...let's just say stay away from psychics and the occult. Very dangerous stuff there, Marc.

Last edited:
I hope you can patch things up with Duck. That might be the reason for the dreams.

Since I don't have my own car I haven't been able to go down to my old store to talk to him "man to duck." LOL. However I have a few of my other former coworkers on Facebook and one of them tells me that Duck is still mad at me. And I suppose this is why I've had two more dreams in which he was featured.

In the first one I'm visiting Duck at his father's house. (In real life his father lives in an apartment). I'm reading the newspaper and there is an article in the paper that there is a warrant for my arrest because some woman claimed I married her for three weeks, divorced her, and didn't pay her alimony. I know I didn't marry anyone. (In real life I'm not married and probably never will. I don't even date). So Jeff (Duck's father) sees the article and tells me that I need to pay up. He did after he and Duck's mother got divorced. I insist I was never married, but Jeff doesn't believe me. Jeff's new wife sees the article. (In real life I don't know if Jeff is married. I think I recall Duck telling me one time he had to buy a birthday gift for his father's girlfriend even though he didn't like her). She tells me to be a man and pay the alimony. She doesn't believe me when I tell her I've never been married. Then Duck's brother Baby Duck sees the article. He tells me he can't believe I didn't invite him to my wedding. He said he would expect to be invited since he's my best friend's brother. I tell him I never got married. (In real life I've only hung out with Baby duck 2 or 3 times without his brother. He's also estranged from his father for reasons I will not get into on a public message board). Finally Duck comes in. Like his father, step-mother, and his little brother Duck too has read the article. However his reaction is different. He says to me "Marc, who is this crazy woman? I know you never got married. I know if you had gotten married I would've been your best man." I told him "You're right. And I will be your best man someday when you get married." He responds "Somehow I will help you get this mess straightened out." I tell him Thanks.

The dream ends before he can help me straighten out my mess.

Make an appointment to talk to Pastor Gray at Apple Valley Church, in Southington.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom