106.9 Tower

Thread: 106.9 Tower

106.9 Tower

I usually pass the WKVP tower on 130 a few times a week and it's always the most barest tower I've ever seen except for the four bay on the top. Today I noticed a new two bay antenna right below the four bay which is odd for this tower that never has anything on it. Is there an application for a new FM in the area?

So that explains why they were off air for a few hours today! I wonder if it has anything to do with WHAT-AM or some other new LPFM?
    Host on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM

Radio DX'er- using Grundig Sat. 750, Tecsun PL-880

Why would they be off the air? Do they still have the backup in Center City that Merlin built for WWIQ that was supposed to be the primary transmitter on One Liberty Place right below WMMR?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodx10 View Post
    So that explains why they were off air for a few hours today! I wonder if it has anything to do with WHAT-AM or some other new LPFM?
    As the Engineer for WHAT-AM I can say. Its not ours that I know of..
    Just Call Me Ralph.

Unless WURD is going to move there instead of the high rise apartment building off city line avenue, maybe Cat Country 96.1 complained about the permit. But that would take them out of the area of the listeners they serve.
    Last edited by Gunsmoke; 03-20-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Why WHAT, they are already on the PSFS flamethrower on 97.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    Why WHAT, they are already on the PSFS flamethrower on 97.1.
    But not 29,000 Watts?

Ha ha that was the WMMR flamethrower up there for years at 670 feet with 29kw before they moved to liberty ...I just passed the 106.9 tower today, there is a round black dish between the two bay antenna..Dont know what that's all about lol