• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeartMedia traffic reports

Are their traffic reports in house? The reason I ask is from time-to-time I hear George Brown's voice doing traffic on WTAG in Worcester. All of their traffic reporters tell the listeners who they are when doing the WTAG reports except George, who was a long time employee of WTAG. However when I've heard George Brown doing reports on other iHeart stations, he identifies himself.

Why would WTAG ask him not to identify himself when he does the reports for them? It seems to be rather petty to me if they do this.

Rachael Lutzker does traffic (at least in the mornings) on the I-Heart stations in Connecticut. She's an on-air personality on their Variety Hits Stations The River 105.9 3PM-7PM. (Voice-tracked I believe). She's also on sometimes with Joe Aguire in the morning.

Modifying this topic just slightly. Geri Griswold does traffic on CBS's Hip-Hop Station in Hartford HOT 93.7 - when she signs off from the traffic she says "I'm Geri for HOT 93.7 Hartford's Number One for Hip-Hop and R&B." She's heard in "off-hours" on sister station WTIC 1080 the news-talk station and she uses Geri Griswold. The same for Tom Michaels. When he fills in on HOT 93.7 he says "I'm Tom for HOT 93.7 Hartford's Number one for Hip-Hop and R&B." When he's filling in on sister station Lite 100.5 he uses Tom Michaels. The same when he's on WTIC 1080. Mark Christopher does traffic on WTIC-FM and Lite 100.5 in Hartford in the morning. Plus he's usually on with Mike Allen on WTIC AM in the afternoon. On Lite 100.5 and WTIC (AM) he's Mark Christopher. When he's on WTIC-FM he's Mark the Shark. A few times on Lite 100.5 he accidentally called him Mark the Shark. And a couple times WTIC-FM's traffic has been heard on Lite 100.5 by accident.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom