• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCPT's schedule

staggmovie

Star Participant
This morning on their website I have noticed that WCPT has changed their overnight schedule a bit, I have now seen that Stephanie Miller that air 3 hours of her show overnights from 1200 AM to 3:00 AM which has been a repeat on the last show she did from the previous day expect for Sunday night into Monday Morning, then 3 hours of repeat of Thom Hartman's show, then going to the last 2 hours of Bill Press's show. I had thought even without being a listener of his show, that they still aired all 3 hours of Bill Press' show before the live broadcast of the Stephanie Miller show that airs live in less she is off, and there is no fill in host, that airs from 8:00-11:00 AM that is followed by Thom Hartman's show as he is on live from 11:00-2:00 PM. But does anybody know when they changed their overnight schedule as it has to be at least recently.

This morning on their website I have noticed that WCPT has changed their overnight schedule a bit, I have now seen that Stephanie Miller that air 3 hours of her show overnights from 1200 AM to 3:00 AM which has been a repeat on the last show she did from the previous day expect for Sunday night into Monday Morning, then 3 hours of repeat of Thom Hartman's show, then going to the last 2 hours of Bill Press's show. I had thought even without being a listener of his show, that they still aired all 3 hours of Bill Press' show before the live broadcast of the Stephanie Miller show that airs live in less she is off, and there is no fill in host, that airs from 8:00-11:00 AM that is followed by Thom Hartman's show as he is on live from 11:00-2:00 PM. But does anybody know when they changed their overnight schedule as it has to be at least recently.

Within the month. They had to make schedule changes after Alan Colmes passed on and Fox News Radio made no effort to replace him with a similar host.

But was it really the right change to make, I mean at least take his name off the schedule and maybe put on a local show, since his show was heard on tape delay, and his death was pretty sudden. BBUt if you have always been a fan of Bill Press's show and loved changing the first hour if you up that early, where can you really go now for it as they only air the last 2 hours of his show.

Bill Press' show recently went to two hours after moving to the Young Turks Network. Also, WCPT is the only radio affiliate (don't know how they made that arrangement) airing the show (simulcasts on Free Speech TV and on Bill's YouTube page). Just this week, CPT has been re-airing Bill Press in place of Alan Colmes.

Bill Press going to two hours opened the door for the station to re-air all three hours of Stephanie Miller at midnight. They used to air the first two hours and play all three of Thom Hartmann.

I always thought his show was 3 hours, and even looking at Tune In including WCPT they have it listed for three hours, expect for a few stations that listed for 2 hours, and I know that they used to air 2 horus of the previous day's Stephanie Miller show, but 2 hours is just short time for a morning show, don't know if Bill Press requested the change.

It had been three hours until the beginning of the year or so. I don't know why it was paired down to two hours. Another thing is the best-of shows on the weekends are no longer offered. Ring of Fire took its place on Saturday night and The Zero Hour on Monday morning at midnight.

The TuneIn schedule is hardly ever updated. Stations are supposed to send over their entire schedule (including changes) on a spreadsheet. But given the fact that TuneIn still has them airing The Beacon (which left terrestrial radio before Thanksgiving) and Mighty House on Saturday mornings, I don't think anyone is minding the store on it.

The TuneIn schedule is hardly ever updated. Stations are supposed to send over their entire schedule (including changes) on a spreadsheet. But given the fact that TuneIn still has them airing The Beacon (which left terrestrial radio before Thanksgiving) and Mighty House on Saturday mornings, I don't think anyone is minding the store on it.

You might be right on it

I see this on their page

Currently, we don't make changes to weekly schedules less than a month at a time, meaning the programming you're updating should not change for at least four full weeks.

Would that make it worth doing that, where if I update their schedule today that it should take 4 Saturdays from now, before it will be updated. And who know if their schedule will still be the same, as stations at any time can decide to change their programming schedule at any time, whether the change is needed or not. I know it sounds like I am giving a lazy excuse, but till I have to wonder if it will be worth my time if I updated their schedule for the station, when it won't be seen on their website until what a month from today, in less they don't count weekends.

You assume that stations even think about TuneIn. A station like this, that's mostly automated, has no staff to worry about outside streams that make them no money.

If TuneIn doesn't have the staff to update their own platform, I doubt most stations will give it any attention.

I see this on their page

Currently, we don't make changes to weekly schedules less than a month at a time, meaning the programming you're updating should not change for at least four full weeks.

Would that make it worth doing that, where if I update their schedule today that it should take 4 Saturdays from now, before it will be updated. And who know if their schedule will still be the same, as stations at any time can decide to change their programming schedule at any time, whether the change is needed or not. I know it sounds like I am giving a lazy excuse, but till I have to wonder if it will be worth my time if I updated their schedule for the station, when it won't be seen on their website until what a month from today, in less they don't count weekends.

Only the stations themselves can change it. I tried to see if I could change it, but there's a really good reason the general public can't: anybody could go on there and manipulate the schedule.

You assume that stations even think about TuneIn. A station like this, that's mostly automated, has no staff to worry about outside streams that make them no money.

If TuneIn doesn't have the staff to update their own platform, I doubt most stations will give it any attention.

Plus, it's not TuneIn's responsibility to change the schedule. The only time I can recall them doing it on their own is after Alan Colmes' untimely death, when they changed it from Alan to Ellis Hennican. But Ellis likely may not be the permanent replacement, so it remains to be seen if TuneIn updates it themselves when the replacement is named.

There are thousands of stations around the world that stream through TuneIn. I don't know how many people are on staff, but there's no way they could update all the changes (which happens everyday) on their own...though it would seem like a fun job.

I don't know how many people are on staff, but there's no way they could update all the changes (which happens everyday) on their own...though it would seem like a fun job.

Maybe. Streaming is mainly an expense for a station, not a revenue producer. That's just one of the sad realities. TuneIn makes money on the traffic. Sort of like Facebook. It's all mainly outside content. Because it's an expense for a station, they're not too attentive to the streaming platform. So if the schedule is out of date, it's no skin off the station's back. It's not like they make money from it. They don't.

TuneIn is starting to create its own content for its own stations, and those are the stations they're devoting time and attention. They're hoping they can make more money with original content than in retransmitting content from someone else.

More changes coming Monday to WCPT. Wayne Besen has parted ways with the station and will be replaced with Chicago Reader's Ben Jarovsky.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom