Thread: WCPT's schedule

So what is your problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by staggmovie View Post
    So what is your problem with it?
    With what? Did I say I have a problem?

No but it sounded like at least to me that you did

No but it sounded like at least to me that you did
    Aren't you the one complaining about the TuneIn page?

Yeah so
    So what's your problem?

I see this on their page

Currently, we don't make changes to weekly schedules less than a month at a time, meaning the programming you're updating should not change for at least four full weeks.

Would that make it worth doing that, where if I update their schedule today that it should take 4 Saturdays from now, before it will be updated. And who know if their schedule will still be the same, as stations at any time can decide to change their programming schedule at any time, whether the change is needed or not. I know it sounds like I am giving a lazy excuse, but till I have to wonder if it will be worth my time if I updated their schedule for the station, when it won't be seen on their website until what a month from today, in less they don't count weekends.
    Only the stations themselves can change it. I tried to see if I could change it, but there's a really good reason the general public can't: anybody could go on there and manipulate the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    You assume that stations even think about TuneIn. A station like this, that's mostly automated, has no staff to worry about outside streams that make them no money.

If TuneIn doesn't have the staff to update their own platform, I doubt most stations will give it any attention.
    Plus, it's not TuneIn's responsibility to change the schedule. The only time I can recall them doing it on their own is after Alan Colmes' untimely death, when they changed it from Alan to Ellis Hennican. But Ellis likely may not be the permanent replacement, so it remains to be seen if TuneIn updates it themselves when the replacement is named.

There are thousands of stations around the world that stream through TuneIn. I don't know how many people are on staff, but there's no way they could update all the changes (which happens everyday) on their own...though it would seem like a fun job.

Quote Originally Posted by golden eagles97 View Post
    I don't know how many people are on staff, but there's no way they could update all the changes (which happens everyday) on their own...though it would seem like a fun job.
    Maybe. Streaming is mainly an expense for a station, not a revenue producer. That's just one of the sad realities. TuneIn makes money on the traffic. Sort of like Facebook. It's all mainly outside content. Because it's an expense for a station, they're not too attentive to the streaming platform. So if the schedule is out of date, it's no skin off the station's back. It's not like they make money from it. They don't.

TuneIn is starting to create its own content for its own stations, and those are the stations they're devoting time and attention. They're hoping they can make more money with original content than in retransmitting content from someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12