• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Q100 TOH

RoddyFreeman

Walk of Fame Participant
I love the new Q100 top-of-the-hour ID.

The jock speaks followed by an organ-sounding version of the Q100 logo. It's radio magic.

In my opinion, Q100 sounds better than Power 96-1 right now. For one thing, Q100 has far more live and local hours.

"From the new Q tower, high atop Peachtree Plaza..."

Yep, that was 100.5's top-of-the-hour when they first signed on in 2001. That started years ago when Z93 PD John Young created, "From the top of the world's tallest hotel." Then, when Scott Shannon signed on New York's Z100 in 1983, he used, "From the top of the Empire State Building." That evolved into, "From the top of the guerrilla building."

"From the new Q tower, high atop Peachtree Plaza..."

Yep, that was 100.5's top-of-the-hour when they first signed on in 2001. That started years ago when Z93 PD John Young created, "From the top of the world's tallest hotel." Then, when Scott Shannon signed on New York's Z100 in 1983, he used, "From the top of the Empire State Building." That evolved into, "From the top of the guerrilla building."

"From the top of the guerrilla building." I believe that one is used by Pacifica radio, but a recent listen says that it works perfectly well now for NPR as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom