• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Sacramento Talent Of All Time?

MChase2017

New Participating Member
Lots of greats have called Sacramento home over the years. Who would you consider the best of all time in Sacramento? The only rule....no syndicated shows piped in from other places.

Lots of greats have called Sacramento home over the years. Who would you consider the best of all time in Sacramento? The only rule....no syndicated shows piped in from other places.

What about NOW syndicated talent that was once based in Sacramento? Does the question include ALL genres (mainly News and Talk)?

Cool thread, I'll play.

MChase, what's your real name? PM me if you get a chance.

What about NOW syndicated talent that was once based in Sacramento? Does the question include ALL genres (mainly News and Talk)?

Cool thread, I'll play.

MChase, what's your real name? PM me if you get a chance.

Any talent that is (or has been) based in Sacramento in a non-syndicated position at some point in their career is fair game. All formats are fair game too, including news-talk and sports.

Any talent that is (or has been) based in Sacramento in a non-syndicated position at some point in their career is fair game. All formats are fair game too, including news-talk and sports.

Okay, this is a stretch but I'm gonna go with Dr. Don Rose. Sure, KFRC wasn't really a "Sacramento" station but I'm a Bay Area native so forgive me.

Like him or hate him, Rush Limbaugh should be on that list. He's a good radio host.

I'd also have to include Mick Martin, the host of the Saturday afternoon blues party on Capital Public Radio. Not so much for his presentation but for music selection. Some of the best music imaginable emanates weekly from my radio thanks to that guy.

Dave B.

KZAP had a great staff. Low key personalities at a time
when jocks had some freedom with the playlist.
Good mix of Rock and Blues. Dave is right about Mick Martin.
Great tunes and movie reviews...

I've got to put my two cents in for Don Geronimo when he was on mornings at KHTK. He told some great stories about his early radio days that I enjoyed.

The usual old school KZAP jocks, plus my friends Dusty Morgan from K108/KXOA and Tommy Nakashima K108/KXOA, now at the Eagle...

df

I'll throw another vote for Rush Limbaugh - if we're really talking about best of all time, all things considered. The most listened to national talk show and it all started over on Ethan Way. (Disclaimer: I'm not a ditto head)

Lots of Sacramento Talent I can think of ended up bigger in other places though. Morton Downey Jr. had a stint in Sacramento on KFBK but he went national after one of his rants.

KRAK's Joey Mitchell, Rick Stewart, Big Jim Hall, & Hal Murray, and many years later Devin Kyle on V101!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom